The wheather in Ireland

Trav013

G'day all, well I have been on the forum for a little while now, 6 months or so, I moved to Brazil over a year ago and am trying to promote tree climbing and general tree work here, have been a climber for over 3years orginally in Australia.

I am now thinking of doing a short stint in Ireland in Feb next year, 3 months or so, can any one tell me how bloody cold is it in Ireland around this time and is it general a busy time in the Arb industry around the start of the year???? would it be easy to pick up work???

Cheers fellows

Whether you go to Ireland or not the weather is likely to be a lot cooler than you are used to.

I hear that you colonials have developed a gland that secretes factor 30 while those of us left in the cold wet mother land have children with webbed toes.:001_smile:

The biggest shock for an antipodean will be the rain, or rather the quantity of it. Here in the northern hemisphere the best way to tell the difference between summer and winter is to measure the temperature of the rain.

So bring warm and waterproof clothing and expect to get wet now and again, anything else is a bonus.

On the up side Ireland does poses Guinness which if taken in adequate quantities will make you oblivious to all of the above.

Andy

Ive spent year and a half there... Sure we got some rain but usually just half a day at a time. Usually cleared up in the afternoon or just started after lunch.

But mind u on westcoast it was lot more rain so it really depends were on the island you are. I was working as a gardener at that time, only wore waterproofs for about a fourthnight all in all... and NO i didnt sit in the porta-cabin having endless rounds of tea!

Go for the craic and Im sure youll have the time of your life! Iknow I did!!!:tee::151:

i know a few lads in cork, one runs his own tree firm, if you need a starting hand over there sure theyd set you up, like prev' post said-go for the craic, the irish are up for one hell of a good time, as for the soft southern accent on the girls (drooling) seriously tempted to move there just for them:)

a waste of bloody time, there's better places to be if tree's are your love. we have the lowest tree cover in europe 8%. one of the highest rainfalls. pay ain't great, ranges from 26,000 euro to 34,000(if your near dublin). subbies get 175 euro a day. and were officially in recession, so go somewhere else like everybody else. the celtic tiger has turned into a kitten. if you find somewhere nice i'll tag along.

p.s one good thing our winters aren't that cold, been awhile since i've seen snow