Running a 357 on aspen

andy_mac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as far as supply goes. if anyone finds that they do not have a local dealer, please suggest one to us and go tell the store directly why you think that they should be stocking it.

Failing that, we can supply the product on a 2-3 day standard delivery for a flat fee of £20 (for anything from 1 can to 54). any more then 54 cans and you will get free delivery (because we are nice like that)

Any questions, drop me a pm or give me a call.

Here to help

Axel

01929 555971

• 1 month later...

Hi

Silly question of the week time but what colour should Aspen2 be? I got some last weekend and it wasnt the reddish colour you expect 2 stroke mix to be. ran a tankfull through the saw which started to run like s..t and is now in for repair. Probally just coincidence but could the fuel have been so old it had gone off or should i have retuned the saw when changing from pump fuel to aspen?

thanks in advance.

I tipped some out of my hedge cutters today into a clear container and it's a sort of pale straw colour (looks a bit like piss!).

Once I managed to get hold of some, I have run a few tankfuls through both an old 254xp and a not quite so old 346xp and both have run fine ( I did need to adjust the L screw on the 346). It's bloody expensive but I don't use much and it does smell nice!

Some stores may still have some cans of Aspen left which is the faint straw colour like you have aquired.

the reason we have changed it too a darker orange is to make it easier to see that it has oil added to it.

RE: your performance issues

There are 2 things which can lead to poor performance when switching to aspen from normal unleaded.

1) You might need to richen up the low speed screw by quarter of a turn if the saw is picking up poorly from bottom end revs.

2) If its been run on normal unleaded for a long period of time then the normal fuel could have effected the rubbers in the carburettor if they are of a cheap quality (happens to about 3% of saws or so) the way to solve this is to change the rubber parts in the carburettor and the saw will be good as new again.