stolen 268xp

Mike Dempsey

Had my 268 xp stolen from my car last night. I dont have the serial no but thats easily removed anyway. The saw has just been rebuilt and working beautifully and I only had the chance to use it for an hour. It is recognisable by the fact that the top cover is melted a bit near the exhaust.

The police only took an hour and a half to come out and the soco was out a little later but didnt get any prints.

I am in Glenrothes so if anyone gets offered a 268xp in Fife/Edinburgh/Dundee let me know. I will check on Adtrader/Gumtree and my local Cash convertors in the morning.

I am now away to cut a bit of acrylic to replace my rear quarterlight.

cheers

Mike

just found out soco found some blond hairs in the van that was done about 100m from my car.

I spoke to the van owner who, despite having a van full of expensive tools, only had a £200 digi camera nicked. He is the only one using the van and he has black hair so its off to the labs with them and with a bit of luck might get some dna evidence. There is a suspect for both thefts and I think the police have already visited him. My mate is a copper but is away just now so I have to get the official story from the pc investigating the thefts. When my mate comes back I will get hopefully an update from him.

I have checked all the free selling sites and it hasnt appeared yet. Thanks big J for keeping an eye out for me. They would have to be pretty stupid to try and sell it locally so Edinburgh/Dundee areas are a good place to get shot of the saw.

Mike

I dont normally leave it the car overnight. This was a one-off as I had to pack up things quickly after cutting firewood and had to pick up my daughter from ballet. It was covered up and you couldnt see it. I totally forgot it was there and I know I should have taken it back to the workshop.

Mike

I dont normally leave it the car overnight. This was a one-off as I had to pack up things quickly after cutting firewood and had to pick up my daughter from ballet. It was covered up and you couldnt see it. I totally forgot it was there and I know I should have taken it back to the workshop.

Mike

We have all done it Mike, i have but never will again. sorry for your loss, hate the robbing scum.