Entec chipper problems.

D.G.F.S.

Hi all, a bit of newbie advice required please. I have recently bought an Entec CH35 DH chipper year 98 (I think its a DH anyway) its a four cylinder Kubota diesel its a great runner apart from the anti-stress system. I have spoke to Timberwolf tech services and they gave me a few things to check I.e. Tightness of drive belts, A/S control unit sensor (distance away from the flywheel) and engine rpm. He said that my engine should be running at around 2800 rpm because the A/S only worked at the correct rpm, but when I checked mine it was on or around 1770 rpm. The factory fitted wire securing the high speed adjustment screw on the pump was intact which made me think 1770 rpm was correct and when I did increase the rpm to 2800 rpm and it sounded awful (so I put it back to how it was). Does anyone know what rpm this engine should run at on full throttle? And any other things to check to get the A/S working? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a loss now as what to do! Cheers folks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it may well be that the A/S system is working correctly but if i remember correctly they are quite prone to wireing problems , it also would not be un common for a wire crimp to have either come lose / snapped or for the contacts to need cleaning etc . Was the machine still wourking up untill you bought the chipper ?

Thanks for the replies folks. The machine was bought at a MH auction which was a good mates, uncles business that he was closing down (and to be perfectly honest I don't think he would have known what anti stress was let alone know if it was working! I'm not fully convinced that the revs are actually a problem because when I did increase the revs to what TW said was correct (2800rpm) it sounded like a bag of nails. I'm wondering if that's the specifications for the TW35 (the newer version of mine?) It doesn't black smoke of struggle to pick up revs either. The problem is just with the A/S system not working. But I'm not ruling out anything so a service will be done next week as soon as I get the bits. Oh and yes, I have found out that a bungee is a great throttle lock!:D

I have the same chipper but with the 25hp petrol engine, so cant help you with the rpm. but i do need a bungee to hold the throttle lever flat out. I had to re-new the A/S unit 2 years ago nearly, they dont make the Entec one anymore so Prochip (who have closed now) modified the new one to fit my machine. Have you had battery problems as you MUST NOT jump start these machines as it can fry the A/S unit, unless you disconnect it first. It cost me just under 400 quid for a new A/S unit. hope this has helped mate.

Hi im not bein rude but i think your getting a little ahead of your self with regards to the A/S box - firstly i would check every wire and contact within the system , these chippers were quite prone to contacts breaking down or wires coming loose . secondly maybe you could get it to an auto electrician as im certain that with a multi meeter he can test the circuit . and will probably cost you alot less that a new black box