wood processor

timberdog

can anyone help i am selling logs and at the mo its by hand splitting and cutting up..i do have a use of tractor somtimes but its not consistant to enable myself to get ahead with stock piles and the logs are really starting to sell:blushing:

can anyone recomend a good wood processor?

i know Haki are good and just wanted advice on reliabilty ..width cuts of timber and suppliers second hand or new i dont have a massive budget about £8000 to £10000 max .

thanks in advance

More info might help.

How you going to power it if you've no tractor? is the £10K for just the processor or tractor as well, or have you got 3 phase at the yard?

I've an OH 60 and it hasn't broken yet (2 years). The saw blade turns out a lot less waste than the chainsaw types and a TCT blade needs sharpening once a year and uses no oil. Downside is that it only cuts 10", needs the 6 way splitter to really turn out volume (24 cube per 8 hr day for 2 people), as well as nice straight timber.

Given my time again Id still buy it, but might hold out for one with an infeed conveyor, just makes it so much less physical.

Look at Mlarge and fuelwood websites, similar machines, and worth ringing to talk deals,2nd hand (if your real lucky) and they send you all the info if you cant get it off the web.

can anyone help i am selling logs and at the mo its by hand splitting and cutting up..i do have a use of tractor somtimes but its not consistant to enable myself to get ahead with stock piles and the logs are really starting to sell:blushing:

can anyone recomend a good wood processor?

i know Haki are good and just wanted advice on reliabilty ..width cuts of timber and suppliers second hand or new i dont have a massive budget about £8000 to £10000 max .

thanks in advance

I have a customer who is selling a Posch Auto split, It is less than 12 months old and is PTO or 3 phase powered, Drop me a pm if anyone interested, well below your budget.:thumbup:

I am from Riko and we sell the WP30 & WP36 processors. The picture below was recently posted in the firewood forum by billy68 who has a WP36. I am sure he would give an honest opinion on it.

Standard they come with Tractor linkage & PTO drive, the great thing is you can add a petrol engine and towing axle etc at any time as they just bolt on. Both would come in under budget and the WP30 is on a great offer price at the moment.

They are a true one man operation machine as they have there own timber loader! Over the weekend I was processing with the WP36 10-12" diameter into 10" logs and filling a dumpy bag in under 10 minutes. So theoretically 6 cube an hour X 8 hours = 48 cube a day with one man. Realistically after knocking off time for tea, lunch, rolling timber onto the loading arms and moving the bags (slewing elevator fills 3 bags) 32 cube a day with one man and you won’t be to knackered to do it again the next day!

OK I know I sell them but the machine does what it says on the label.

01420 487300 or [email protected] or http://www.alpinetractors.com

processor2.jpg.3fe16ebc0e591695ce410e826e26334c.jpg

JUST BOUGHT A JAPA 300.iVE BENT THE KNIFE ALREADY IT SIMPLY WILL NOT HANDLE KNOTS OR CURVED GRAIN.I FOOLISHLY SOLD MY LITTLE MULTIPLA SPLITTER THINKING I WOULD NOT NEED IT , SILLY BOY.I NOW KNOW THAT ITS MUCH HARDER TO PUSH THE LOG THROUGH A KNIFE THAN IT IS TO PUSH THE KNIFE THROUGH A LOG.

SPLITTING ABILTY IS A FUNCTION I WOULD REALLY TEST NEXT TIME .I CAN UNJAM THE JAPA VERY FAST NOW THOUGH.