What's on your bench today?

spudulike

4 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

I’ve got a couple that I want to get back in use. Mine have sheared their flexible drives, and Stihl prices have made me pause.

L&S list the inner at £32 plus Vat plus delivery.

Have you used one, what are they like compared with original? I need to decide if this one is worth doing as the engine seems to run ok and the drive shaft is intact.

After the weekend it looks like I'll be fixing the husky 440 starter mechanism ! bloody good little fire wood saw and runs for ages on a single tank of fuel, this has been my go to firewood saw for some time and has been a great little worker.

Will I need to get husky parts or are non -generic bits ok for the starter mechanism ??

35 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

I thought that genuine would be the way to go, just asked in case I was missing a trick. So now I've an excuse to be in the shed and not wrapping Christmas presents !

L&S engineers have been great in supplying me with bits, but are closed till the new year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a first, after having a number of complaints from local delivery drivers about poorly packaged parcels smelling of petrol, a customer tried to send a saw to me and got it back for just these reasons.

TBH, I am looking at a lighter workload especially during the summer months so the only people that will suffer are...........9_9

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Had a funny few hours trying to sort a 46cc 346. Got it from a pal with the carb in bits. So ordered new carb kit and fitted. Noticed the idle was set v high and the h and l screws were at about 4 turns out, so new carb kit in, got it to run but not revving out proper, leaned h and could get about 12k and it ran fine with the h jet right in!

Wierd.

So pulled carb and reinspected, checked l and h screw werent swapped, gaskets on right, metering arm set right, changed the welsch plug etc etc. Checked flywheel gap, heat shrinked a nick on the kill lead, cleaned fuel filter. Its a black ignition module, so not limited?

Seems alot better but not getting above 13k. Idles fine unless you bump it and it then will cut out.

Seems fine, but clearly something a bit funny. What have i missed?