What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Been around Dave when he was using his saws this week.

Did have a go aswell. I like the 372, it doesn't bog.

But the 350 is horrible. Bogs down easily IMO and Is just too loud. I couldn't work with it all day long.... But dave loves them so I guess that's what counts. Just found it too loud.:sneaky2::001_smile:

God knows how your neighbours haven't been onto the council yet. :lol::lol::lol:

Been around Dave when he was using his saws this week.

Did have a go aswell. I like the 372, it doesn't bog.

But the 350 is horrible. Bogs down easily IMO and Is just too loud. I couldn't work with it all day long.... But dave loves them so I guess that's what counts. Just found it too loud.:sneaky2::001_smile:

God knows how your neighbours haven't been onto the council yet. :lol::lol::lol:

His neighbours all have ported saws now, or stacks of firewood from his test cuts

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Been working on a Stihl MS460 today, it was in the workshop to port, one thing that always makes me smile is when the saw that the owner needs making faster comes in with a real claggy air filter that must rob the saw of a good 15% of its power.

Anyone tried running a mile with a face mask on or with a bad cold:lol:

Anyway - the saw is done, exhaust widened, piston windows opened up considerably, the dual port muffler opened up and the squish lowered.

It came in with a healthy 170psi but now has nearer 190psi so it should pull well, pickup is pretty nippy for a large saw:thumbup:

Just like to say the saw was out last week and ran a treat, it picks up instantly and pulls like a train through the timber. Had a good mix of timber as well some oversize larch which it just flew through and some big oak and chestnut which made me laugh when crosscutting at how much quicker it was.

I would highly recommend spud for modding your saw:thumbup:

Been and had 2 ms260's this weekend

First one had a split intake boot and fuel line in the tank was u/s to the point it had literally fallen apart and the filter and about 2" of pipe was sat in the bottom of the tank!

Second had seized and had ally transfer all around the piston not in any 1 spot. Every hole in the starter assembly cover was choked up solid! All cleaned up, new piston, ported the cylinder and a nice healthy 180 psi. Didn't want to start through overfuelling tho and ended up being the stupid choke system in the airfilter not opening due to the spring missing so it was just choking itself silly.

Next a ms210-250 conversion, literally throw the 210 engine away and build up a 250 engine (I love these saws much to everyones dismay) Job done and cuts a treat on a 14" bar with full chisel 3/8 picco chain.

Stihl 075 high tickover that wouldn't drop low enough (needs to be 2000rpm) It would get to 2700rpm and just die. Turned out to be a linkage issue, may sound silly but boy did I waste time looking for deeper reasons than the obvious...

Last but not least a stihl hs75 hedgetrimmer. Runs crap, sometimes will accelerate as it should then it will just lose power. Tried a quick carb clean and twiddle, no change, so new carb kit despite the originals not looking bad, pulled the exhaust and checked its not blocked still not right. Fuel bulbs not leaking air etc so ordered a new in tank fuel line to see if that does the trick...

His neighbours all have ported saws now, or stacks of firewood from his test cuts

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well, in a Close of five houses, three have had saws of me:thumbup:

I do keep the ported kit for weekdays or Saturdays - no Sundays. They do get used out and about, just pulled a load of Ash out of a ditch from the last storm for firewood - nice haul and the 357XP was as good as ever - blindingly fast:thumbup:

Glad the MS460 is going well, not sure why the 350 should be boggy, they are quite peaky saws by nature so will be better on a narrow kerf 15" than a longer bar.

The 372XPs are a tried and tested formulae - always good to do!