What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Glad you got it fixed - saved me the :thumbup:job

I now how stacked your bench is at the moment plus i think your too nice a guy to know enough swear words :D

Ps. A section of wolf-garten aluminium pole-saw handle is a perfect fit to line that front AV housing.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ok. So the 200t. I have put another handle assembly, carb boot, and impulse line on the saw. Still no change. I have put a spot of grease on the boot joints and still no change. There is a good seal on boot and impulse line carb side. Also impulse line behind handle assembly. The carb I used is a good one as I put it on another 200t that needs a new carb and it worked perfectly.

So now I'm just about to order a new meteor piston for it as this must surely be the last option. As its possible a bad piston can cause bad impulse by not compressing the crank case enough on downward stroke.....

The exhaust is also spot on aswell.

I did try running it again throughout the day and it will fire on full choke and then either run on half or full revs but still die out on tickover and stutter when throttle pulled.

Ok. So the 200t. I have put another handle assembly, carb boot, and impulse line on the saw. Still no change. I have put a spot of grease on the boot joints and still no change. There is a good seal on boot and impulse line carb side. Also impulse line behind handle assembly. The carb I used is a good one as I put it on another 200t that needs a new carb and it worked perfectly.

So now I'm just about to order a new meteor piston for it as this must surely be the last option. As its possible a bad piston can cause bad impulse by not compressing the crank case enough on downward stroke.....

The exhaust is also spot on aswell.

I did try running it again throughout the day and it will fire on full choke and then either run on half or full revs but still die out on tickover and stutter when throttle pulled.

It is a weird on Rich - are you using the Gunson Hi gauge with the schrader valve sticking out of the brass connector because 160 on that is a good reading??

Yes I am using the gauge.

I know its a very strange one on a saw. It's the only option I can really think of at the moment as every test, backyard trick, and method has been done done and done again for good measure.

The piston is now on order so will just have to wait and see. The saw will be put to one side until that turns up as I need to get onto some money making.

The piston really done look like the last possible option.

The list so far is.

Pressure and vac test- passed no problems on either.

Exhaust checked and cleaned out.

Carbs checked with working one.

Boot changed for another even tho no damage apparent and seals well.

Impulse changed and checked with no sign of wear.

Comp tested and read a little low but not enough to stop running. (But may be enough to cause running problem if rings worn as it will run with full throttle and this means loads of fuel in cylinder)

Fuel tank vent checke sand working. But did change for another fuel tank assembly and that meant fuel vent, fuel pipe and cap.

Havnt had the air filter on it for trying to run up so not that problem.

Spark, coil, and flywheel gap checked and working well.

Can't think of anything else I've left off.

I put it one for trying to run but for just testing it I left it off. So to give it a quick try it was off during the various tests but when I wanted to run it up proper it went on.

I'm really getting it into my head about the piston now. I'm stuck on the running on full throttle and choke bit. This means that there is max fuel going into the case and cylinder. Could this fuel create a seal on the rings but on tickover not a lot of fuel going in creating no seal???

My mind is off again.....

Have you tried a new plug?

Worked on many an 020 over the years and not very often but a couple of times have had this similar sounding problem that points straight to the carb but has in fact been a simple dodgy plug.

Sparks ok out of the cylinder but not under pressure.

Today: changed the rim sprocket on my 560 to an 8 tooth, spark plug isn't the usual, a small bugger so my piston stop is useless, had to ram a load of starter rope in the cylinder, freed the clutch and mashed my hand in the process, the km55 at work has died, cutting out on load, the works mechanic said it was coil, so new one on order, personally I don't think it is but we shall see, I think it's carb issues, has been stored for over a month with fuel, I recon a new carb kit and US clean would work better, but hey, I'm only young and he has more experience

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App