What's on your bench today?

spudulike

1 hour ago, Cut4fun said:

Ever heard of a parts saw. ;)  All parts getting stripped from saw to sell.  Some went on other saws.

So who gives a fly crap what gets down in there.  But if you want to volunteer to clean my parts saws be my guest.  😄

59 minutes ago, Cut4fun said:

So you clean all your parts saws.  What a laugh. Wasted time.

Saw getting stripped for parts.  😅

Alright, calm down Karen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Alright, calm down Karen.

Hey you missed some. Now clean them good LMAO. 🤦‍♂️

Few more parts saws to clean there Becky.  😅;)

psawszc.jpg

Edited by Cut4fun

4 hours ago, Cut4fun said:

Ever heard of a parts saw. ;)  All parts getting stripped from saw to sell.  Some went on other saws.

So who gives a fly crap what gets down in there.  But if you want to volunteer to clean my parts saws be my guest.  😄

I don't part saws out but if I did they wouldn't go on my bench with all that gunge on them 😝

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cut4fun said:

Hey you missed some. Now clean them good LMAO. 🤦‍♂️

Few more parts saws to clean there Becky.  😅;)

psawszc.jpg

Is there really a market for those old saws, if so how much can you sell them for knowing when they go wrong parts are going to be few and far between, on top of that they are heavy, vibrate, low power and cutting speed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To make good money selling parts you need to be getting the saws free and not sell on ebay.

I was watching a MS361 for spares or repairs on the bay as ive got a new P+C on the shelf and deeply regret seling my 361 years ago. It went for £240 plus £20 postage. About 3 weeks later a business seller listed loads of 361 bits and a picture of the saw they came off, the saw was the one i was watching, so i added up all cost of the parts, deducted the cost of saw an all ebays fees and he was making about £40 if everything sold. Guessing there was 5 hours work stripping, cleaning and listing. Now if he had got the saw for free that would make it worthwhile.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The time has come for me to sell on my two old vintage McCullochs one is a 1-40 80cc as here- http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/ede77d0a9e0194cf88256b000069ceaf?OpenDocument  This must be around 60 years old and still works....if you know how to start them.

The other is a McCulloch 595 and is in fact 103cc circa mid 1960s and has heaps of compression and a roller solid tip bar - very interesting design - I am looking for very sensible offers - Pics below

MANUFACTURED BY: McCULLOCH MOTORS OF EUROPE, A. SPINOYTRATT.5, MECHELEN, BELGIUM. SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 600110, serial prefix A12...

IMG_20210707_163524555.jpg

IMG_20210707_163551933.jpg

Edited by spudulike
  • Like 4