What's on your bench today?

spudulike

1 hour ago, bmp01 said:

Genuine got to be a good bet. 

Looks like DLA do a Caber ring if reqd. Says it fits 350.... delivery time ?

https://www.dlastore.com/e_store/piston-ring-fit-husqvarna-50-special-51-55-epa-154-254-350-353-355-epa.html

L&S list genuine just under 10 quid inc VAT and they normally get it to you in 5 days.

The part code is -503 28 90-10  and in stock. I would normally change the complete piston as wear on the piston itself can have quite an effect on the compression but it does look like the ring is excessively worn so may be worth a punt. 

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Piston Ring Genuine Husqvarna Part OEM No. 503 28 90 05 Suitable for the Following Application's: 242, 246, 340, 345, 356XP, 350, 40, 42, 45, 49, 240, 245, 245R, 245RX, 345R

• 3 weeks later...

Spending a few months away from work trying to catch up on various jobs around the farm. 

Was hoping to rebuild a broken husky 346,but have buggered that up. Tried and failed to fix a faulty check valve on a loader, but have fixed the door catch on the mule, welded the yard scraper up and have made progress on making the pick up hitch on our old international work again and hopefully stopped an injector leaking on the freshly rebuilt engine. Fingers crossed I fix more things than I break for the rest of the week.

• Like 3

Ok so having stripped down a 200t I've found a few problems.  First that is a little concerning...a slight wear on the crankshaft meaning the worm gear won't come off because of this burr....any thoughts on the seriousness and whether new crank is need?🤨

Thinking it won't be good for the sprocket bearing??20210109_191828.thumb.jpg.15c946ce278dc1aee193b27b25a7c315.jpg