What's on your bench today?

spudulike

My splitter has a removable cross knife and it gets removed a lot. That does look high for the pusher plate to be effective. The cross knife blades don't need to be as long either. I'm modifying mine when I get my angle grinder back.

Edited by peatff

My splitter has a removable cross knife and it gets removed a lot. That does look high for the pusher plate to be effective. The cross knife blades don't need to be as long either. I'm modifying mine when I get my angle grinder back.

You made yourself a knife to create kindling or is it as tricky as i think it might be??! [emoji848][emoji6]

6 hours ago, frammo said:

Do you think I should beef this up a bit?

3DFF7936-6A9E-42BA-8653-6A390C4ACF90.jpeg

Looks great, and an adjustable cross knife will be really handy! Will it be Hydraulics raising and lowering it?

What tonnage of force are you expecting?

Where is the hydraulic supply coming from?

I built one a few years ago and ran it off a GX390 and a 2 stage pump. Think it was only 7t of force though due to smaller diameter of the ram. Was still very handy though.

Ended up buying a road tow Rock Machinery 22t horizontal and vertical splitter to save my back. :D 

Just now, frammo said:

That’s the next step ,built this one on the fly this weekend so mods to make it easier to use will be forthcoming ... yep will be running off 15hp Honda but will have to test as have 3 different cc pumps for it ..... did work out tonnage back along but am sipping red wine now ....?

I find with my 22t with the 4 way splitter there is deffo some strain with splitting sub 14" logs. Soft Wood especially. Its only a wee 6.5cc briggs and straton though, but the Ram is a monster so thats where the tonnage comes from obviously. It sips the fuel. 12 second cycle and an 11gpm pump. 

My 4 way drops over the single vertical blade, which is a big help when splitting large rounds. I'll assume you'll make a single blade as well and it can just drop in?