What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Not on my bench, but my machine. Should raise a smile. 

I have a year old small Cobra lawn mower, with a Briggs and Stratton on board. Out of the blue the other day, after it had been stood for a week, I started it up, and it was revving its nuts off, no matter what I did with the lever. So, I took it back to the dealer, and got it back yesterday. On asking what the fault was, the chap broke into a wide grin, and said it was funny. Turns out that a snail had crawled up the engine casing, and  jammed the throttle wide open! ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 18/06/2020 at 19:38, spudulike said:

Paint brush, white spirit and a compressor.

For most of the Arb types out there, a compressor can be sub £100 and has a motor that charges a cylinder with air allowing you to use an airline on dirty saws and is an effective way of cleaning air filters and dirty saws. Most of you seem to not understand such a tool that may keep your tools clean and in good condition9_9.

They are also good for running rattle guns, tyre pumps, staple and nail guns!......but what do I know!

You need a holiday...... In a desert.... With no trees...... So no chainsaws ?  K

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/06/2020 at 04:27, spudulike said:

I made a tester....Gunson lo gauge for pressure and a brake bleeder for vacuum, it worked reliably but the Mityvac I have now is easier. I often use the lo gauge on pressure testing big air leaks as I used a bicycle pump and it puts a lot of air in making it easier to find big leaks.

Unless you are doing this as an on-going hobby, semi professionally or professionally/commercial, a pressure and vacuum tester is a bit of an indulgence but it is one of the most used bits of kit in my workshop, great on engines but also carbs and fuel lines!

Hi. Thanks for the great info. I ordered one. Mv8500. Arrives tomorrow. 52 dollars. Amazon. I'm trying to figure out where to connect pump on jonsereds 621. There is a weird hose coming off the fuel line block I thought was an impulse line but it is plugged up and just sits there. One crankcase has a hole but the other one doesn't seem to have it

20200623_111208.jpg

20200623_111046.jpg

20200623_112214.jpg

20200623_112230.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...