What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Was wondering why my 200 was begging down a wee bit. Thought is pop a new carb kit on as I had one by me, having fitted and not been able to start the saw and the spark being totally soaked everytime I finally realised I had fitted a c1 kit with a different nipple on the diaphragm, holding the needle open the whole time. Sorted now!20190314_152336.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice blocked gauze strainer! Had an MS200 with the wrong diaphragm fitted once, stumped me for a while!
Yeah took me a while to figure that. Started up well and slowly flooded, as if you were slowly turning the h screw out. Had plug off about 6 times before I admitted it was worth checking the carb over again.

Not sure how that stuff found its was in. The filter looked clean as a whistle and no sign of any cracks in fuel pipe and still good and flexible. Have popped a zip tie over where the fuel pipe and filter meet incase its getting in there.

Alright chaps. I’ve got a 576xp auto tune which is running on. I’m not sure what the problem. It’s seems to be fine when started from cold but as soon as you make a few cuts it seems to start running on a bit. Not stupidly fast but enough to be annoying and dangerous.

Alright chaps. I’ve got a 576xp auto tune which is running on. I’m not sure what the problem. It’s seems to be fine when started from cold but as soon as you make a few cuts it seems to start running on a bit. Not stupidly fast but enough to be annoying and dangerous.

Send to spud , bin the auto tune and get it ported.. best thing I did with my 576 after it did similar to yours then dropped the crank...they do have a few problems and I think the reason auto tune has a bad rep is because of the gen one on the 576.

Anyone had any experience with the crankshafts that come provided with some meteor pot & piston in a kit? Apparently they are made by Raisman.
(link below)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233000580068

Been looking at this kit for rebuilding a 044 i have with a knackered crank. I’m assuming it will be a chinese crank?

12 hours ago, lewiswood said:

Sounds like you have an air leak on the seals or the inlet manifold would be my guess. Worth getting it pressure and vacuum tested to make sure. You can check the easy things like gauze strainer, diaphragms and fuel line/filter and if OK, do the bigger job.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

MS460 bought on Gumtree as a do upper needing work and plastics. Thought it might be a project but looked at the piston through the exhaust and it's pretty good, compression is good now the decomp button is freed up. Cleaned the carb out and generally cleaned the saw and it fired up 3rd pull. The security caps on the carb are chewed up so I'll look at removing them to adjust the carb and get some plastics ordered next week.

Edited by peatff
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Had one of those Stihl HLA65s in recently, interesting that the size of the motor is tiny and no drive shafts but then that is pretty obvious when you think of it.

It kept flashing up three red lights and stopping. Looked it up and found I should be returning it to my Stihl Dealer........Mmmm, they obviously don't know of his reputation:sneaky2:

After a bit of poking I found one of the crimp connectors going to the motor was fractured and sparking so crimped a new one on and bingo, one working trimmer....nice:thumbup: