What's on your bench today?

spudulike

1 hour ago, lurkalot said:

Amongst other things,

This.  A top handle assy, which has been smashed as usual on a 201Tms201t.jpg.d7d2e71d66fd93e28b38fc864e86fe3c.jpg

I cheated this time and rather than rebuild it, I fitted a whole assembly.

201tnewh.jpg.88e1c16bcdbed56cfdb19a66340711c2.jpg

A Top anti vibe spring on a MS 181

ms181tb.jpg.738cbd98886e3bd4facf85bae71edd8c.jpg

And a service and sharpen on a HS45

hs45hc.jpg.1c9071ed1217cc0632b1133e0080e1ea.jpg

I do the same with the classic smashed/dropped top-handle, it works out cheaper for the customer in the end.

Surely some one was having a laugh?

Is there a non autotune 576 you can just nick a carb off then?

My 576 is pre auto tune, very nice saw which seems much better than a friend's auto tune model. Occasionally my local dealer has fitted the regular carb to a problematic auto tune 576.

Looks like aluminium particles but strange they are all over the crown and not just around the squish area that is where it usually happens.

There is little in the inlet area that would cause it, the muffler is steel and would stop the piston dead so would suspect the piston breaking down or someone using extra long bolts has punched a hole in the crankcase and that is alloy crankcase fragments.

You're correct with the aluminium particles but there is also something else there, granted not the best photos. The next pic would reveal all, well it sort of would.

The first sign was 0 compression, you couldnt tell the difference on the pull cord if the spark plug was in or not, i kid you not. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I've not tried it, because Barrie @GardenKit sold me a cheap new one for the 361 I was repairing, but is it feasible to broach a new slot in the flywheel to accept a woodruff key?

The time involved to get it bang on may not be feasible but if it was just for shits and giggles i'd try it. Not too sure how an all ready buggered flywheel would take to some butchery though? 

15 hours ago, lurkalot said:

Amongst other things,

This.  A top handle assy, which has been smashed as usual on a 201Tms201t.jpg.d7d2e71d66fd93e28b38fc864e86fe3c.jpg

I cheated this time and rather than rebuild it, I fitted a whole assembly.

201tnewh.jpg.88e1c16bcdbed56cfdb19a66340711c2.jpg

A Top anti vibe spring on a MS 181

ms181tb.jpg.738cbd98886e3bd4facf85bae71edd8c.jpg

And a service and sharpen on a HS45

hs45hc.jpg.1c9071ed1217cc0632b1133e0080e1ea.jpg

Is it wrong i prefer rebuilding ms200t/ms201t top handles to fitting a ms181 av spring? :laugh1:

9 minutes ago, littlelionlee88 said:

Is it wrong i prefer rebuilding ms200t/ms201t top handles to fitting a ms181 av spring? :laugh1:

When I first changed a 181 top av spring I felt the same, but it only takes me a couple of minutes now, dead easy once you know how.  ;)  I'm talking about the early ones with the cable tether down the middle of course.   The later ones don't have the tether and are easy anyway.

Edited by lurkalot
missed some info