What's on your bench today?

spudulike

24 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Here is what I mean, one well used MS200T, don't think it has ever been cleaned, another face full of grease and chip>:( Before and after images!

Dirty.thumb.jpg.308533356f6f9a54279a86f76a2944fd.jpgClean.thumb.jpg.01acf54d1adbbd09da717093f9941fd5.jpg

Nice job on the cleaning there Spud.  Must have been running a tad hot. Unusual to see one with the silencer is still attached, or hasn't fallen apart.

1 hour ago, lurkalot said:

Nice job on the cleaning there Spud.  Must have been running a tad hot. Unusual to see one with the silencer is still attached, or hasn't fallen apart.

I had to get a large screwdriver behind it to prise it off as it was going nowhere - reminds me a burnt flapjack, just doesn't taste as nice!

036 was flooding and being a pig to start so I had another look at it today. The fast idle position on the choke was not opening the choke flap enough so I bent the choke linkage and the throttle a bit as well and it's different altogether now firing up and picking up nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

660 was revving it's tits off on a dismantle yesterday. Checked it today at was Making 15k!

Examined fuel lines and carb boot. All seemed well. Did a vac and pressure test, all good.

Tiny bit of something rubbery in carb which must have been leaning it right out on full revs. Saw was running nice other than that. Had the opportunity to notice nearly worn through earth lead and to give saw a good clean10fe5994b168c9e0196f86987e82434c.jpg7f192ef62e509e03aeef403dd2cbc94a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app

Next was exhaust mod on a ms150. Couldn't the exhaust I had was different from ones described as last bit was spot welded on and not removable. So boshed a hole in side.

Checked with tac and could lean out enough so whipped carb off, drill limiter pin refitted and saw ran like a bag pi55......after a good while of checking everything, varying carb screws etc etc took carb to bits and tha fully found a mass of silty black schizer in carb mesh filter.

Back together and runs good now. Tac goes mad as you approach the limiter- occasionally blipping to 17000rpm! But got it tuned nice now.

Went to fit new chain from northern arb. And low and behold it's the wrong size. Ffs has taken since 6th Sept to get it to me and now it's here appears to not be narrow kerf or something. Anyway looks much bigger than stihl diddy chain
e563d51efc7bf5d848d9748e5f99b342.jpgfdde1057e71c5e91110aa1821b451d03.jpgeee050b91d6b8ee47553495401b47b30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app

You can always rely on rotatech to get it  right

Aye you order, wait a week, ring then, get half the order, half of which is wrong, email no reply, ring no answer. Really pleased I saved a few quid on some chai n that don't fit.

Saying that I've been through a few on the top handles and after their first sharpen you would know the difference