What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Changed fuel line on 026, after reassembling and starting up it ran fine for about 15 mins then started cutting out on idle, then got worse and will now only really run at high revs, any ideas? Has some crap got into the system somewhere:(

Was it possible you split the hoes on fitting or stuck a screwdriver through it? Other than that, perhaps some crud got hauled through to the carb gauze filter.

If the previous one was split/damaged and the carb had been adjusted to accommodate it, it may need readjusting.

Was it possible you split the hoes on fitting or stuck a screwdriver through it? Other than that, perhaps some crud got hauled through to the carb gauze filter.

If the previous one was split/damaged and the carb had been adjusted to accommodate it, it may need readjusting.

Carb hadn't been adjusted, split in old hose was immediately obvious after removing air filter, old hose had only been on a year or so😳. I get the feeling crud has got into carb but not sure.

The other thing I noticed was when I pulled fuel line of carb the fuel seemed to be under pressure and was shooting out of hose.

Carb hadn't been adjusted, split in old hose was immediately obvious after removing air filter, old hose had only been on a year or so😳. I get the feeling crud has got into carb but not sure.

The other thing I noticed was when I pulled fuel line of carb the fuel seemed to be under pressure and was shooting out of hose.

That pressure is entirely normal on most saws especially the ones with the tank breathers that let in air but don't allow pressure to dissipate. When you put the tank cap on, it pressurises the tank and also temperature changes make for a good soaking if you don't clamp the hose!

That pressure is entirely normal on most saws especially the ones with the tank breathers that let in air but don't allow pressure to dissipate. When you put the tank cap on, it pressurises the tank and also temperature changes make for a good soaking if you don't clamp the hose!

Yes, I looked at breather( in fact pushed it out and spent next ten mins trying to put it back🙄) it's a one way system.

Tried skooshing wd40 through every orofice on carb, maybe it needs a cleaner.

Yes, I looked at breather( in fact pushed it out and spent next ten mins trying to put it back🙄) it's a one way system.

Tried skooshing wd40 through every orofice on carb, maybe it needs a cleaner.

Have you popped the alloy cover off held on with one screw and checked the gauze filter - sometimes it can have a scum on it that looks clear until it is taken out, dried and looked at under a magnifier!

Have you tried tuning the carb - one screw on the H&L screw and adjust the idle to suit?

Other than that, the impulse line may be leaking or split.

Have you popped the alloy cover off held on with one screw and checked the gauze filter - sometimes it can have a scum on it that looks clear until it is taken out, dried and looked at under a magnifier!

Have you tried tuning the carb - one screw on the H&L screw and adjust the idle to suit?

Other than that, the impulse line may be leaking or split.

Impulse line?

Impulse line?

The rubber pipe the bottom of the carb pushes in to when pushed against the manifold. The little brass elbow should go in to it and it should be connected to the top lip of the crankcase just below where the cylinder mates with it.

It takes the positive and negative pressure from the crankcase to pump fuel from the tank to the carb via a pump gasket......thought everyone knew that:sneaky2::lol:

The rubber pipe the bottom of the carb pushes in to when pushed against the manifold. The little brass elbow should go in to it and it should be connected to the top lip of the crankcase just below where the cylinder mates with it.

It takes the positive and negative pressure from the crankcase to pump fuel from the tank to the carb via a pump gasket......thought everyone knew that:sneaky2::lol:

Not everyone.😔

• 2 weeks later...

Ive came across a 044 that wasnt running. Had a look over it and i noticed when i had the carb off and looked inside the jug that whenever i pulled it over i could only see the side of the piston and not the head/rings. Is this normal?

There was no smell of fuel in the cylinder once i took the carb off. Looks like some stripped it right fown and rebuilt with an aftermarkey piston. Havent done a compression test yet.