What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Another big thumps up for Steve (spud). My trusty 046 would no longer idle even with various carb tweaks and so I went over with it to to Steve's workshop to get it fixed. The oil seal had gone on the clutch side and so was replaced and the carb had some kind of internal blockage which would not clear even with loads of carb cleaner + multiple ultrasonic cleans. Steve managed to source a 2nd hand OEM carb which resulted in a cost effective repair. The saw was thoroughly tested i.e. vacuum/pressure/compression/bearings/oil seals etc and so it should last another 10 years of intermittent use. 2 tanks of fuel through it since the repair. The saw was posted back with very good packaging. So thanks again Steve for a great job.

Had Will's Jonsered exercise machine on the bench, I guess he likes pulling that handle as he had connected the impulse line to the fuel connection and vice versa with the fuel line:sneaky2::001_rolleyes::lol:

Reconnected correctly, tested the fuel line and pulled the clutch as there is no clutch drum fitted - probably a good thing he didn't manage to start it as it would have taken out the brake band:001_rolleyes:

Fired second pull and ran on the fifth, all seems OK:thumbup:

Oh - got interrupted half way through - had to shoot a rat in the back garden - another one bites the dust!!

Ah! I knew it would be something simple

Another big thumps up for Steve (spud). My trusty 046 would no longer idle even with various carb tweaks and so I went over with it to to Steve's workshop to get it fixed. The oil seal had gone on the clutch side and so was replaced and the carb had some kind of internal blockage which would not clear even with loads of carb cleaner + multiple ultrasonic cleans. Steve managed to source a 2nd hand OEM carb which resulted in a cost effective repair. The saw was thoroughly tested i.e. vacuum/pressure/compression/bearings/oil seals etc and so it should last another 10 years of intermittent use. 2 tanks of fuel through it since the repair. The saw was posted back with very good packaging. So thanks again Steve for a great job.

Always a pleasure and thanks for the good rep:thumbup:

Ah! I knew it would be something simple

We need to have a chat about where to go now. I guess it seized for a reason so pressure and vac test? The clutch drum is missing, have you tried one off a 372? I reckon it will fit, do you want me to get an aftermarket one in and see if I can get it to work OK?

Good news so far - can send it back as is if you like - choice is yours

Ha ha. Fair enough, I need a new oil and fuel cap and fancied the posh twisty ones.

I tried my mates 560 fuel cap and that fits but the oil cap is smaller, wasn't sure if the oil cap from the husky climbing saw would fit it

Ha ha. Fair enough, I need a new oil and fuel cap and fancied the posh twisty ones.

I tried my mates 560 fuel cap and that fits but the oil cap is smaller, wasn't sure if the oil cap from the husky climbing saw would fit it

Got a 550 in at the moment but no 262, got my own 268 which is from the same era!