What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Looks about normal on some of the Shyte I get in:001_rolleyes::lol:

Yeap, I ve seen some too, but I am still wondering how can this be possible.

This one was brought in with muffler problems, so it had the chance to be cleaned, or who knows how long would of be running like that :confused1:

Nice thread , lots of thinks to learn from you guys. Keep on :thumbup:

Thanks.

But if he'd just used a filter funnel he would have avoided the earwig problem without resorting to higher priced fuel. :D

Haha, yes indeed, a very shrewd move for him, but no challenge for me, and not much profit in a funnel!

Seriously though, I never recommend anyone to use Aspen in their ride on, there is simply no need throughout the cutting season, and it would be crazy expensive.

However, every ride on I sell, or service goes out with Aspen.

Sold units get a full tank and serviced machines have all their old petrol drained and the tank cleaned before adding about 3 litres of Aspen.

This way I know that the machine will start first time when required however long it may be left unused. (providing the battery holds its charge)

I do have one customer who uses his rider all year on Aspen though, and it runs so sweet!

My own old Stiga Park ran out of petrol half way through the cut on Sunday last, only had Aspen at home so filled up with that and it was instantly like a new engine, incredible difference.

Good fuel management would have saved this customer some expense. The Stiga ride on ran for only a few seconds after refuelling.

As it turns out it was not just petrol he refilled it with.

The dark area in the bottom of the tank showed up when a torch was shone through and shows the level of water in the 12litre tank. A serious amount of water!

P1020033.jpg.490b5aaa377e05f47faa80f01635420d.jpg

Unfortunately my ms181 has ended it on my bench :/

I've had it for 5 years from brand new, never skipped a beat until today! It was running fine all day until I started again it just started dying out in the wood, it wanted to die out so I gave it loadsa quick blips to get it at the top end just for it to die out again.

Spark plug was a light biscuit brown with some slight white tinge, I've never touched the carb settings from factory.

So I left it for awhile, she would fire up on choke but when switched to half choke it would just die out.

Any ideas?

I've had it for 5 years from brand new, never skipped a beat until today! It was running fine all day until I started again it just started dying out in the wood, it wanted to die out so I gave it loadsa quick blips to get it at the top end just for it to die out again.

Spark plug was a light biscuit brown with some slight white tinge, I've never touched the carb settings from factory.

So I left it for awhile, she would fire up on choke but when switched to half choke it would just die out.

Any ideas?

Possibly the carb just needs an overhaul although it may be a partial seize so worth looking at the piston through the exhaust port and going from there.

Have the carb apart, look at the gauze strainer that tendds to get gunged and worth looking at the fuel line - it is possibly split.

Any ideas?

Have you ever changed the fuel filter? If if not do it now, if you already did it try what spudu said.