What's on your bench today?

spudulike

This week involved stripping and rebuilding a 372 with new main bearings, crank seals etc.

Next an ms460 with a duff fuel line.

Replace a piston and pot on a 375xpw

Repair a 357 with a minor seize.

And keep cleaning and playing with the contra between times.

Don't be boring! Make the monster saw your priority! Other than muffler and carb removal, I must say its my favourite saw to work on.

Only got your email today, sorry I haven't replied, but I think I've already covered your questions?

Don't be boring! Make the monster saw your priority! Other than muffler and carb removal, I must say its my favourite saw to work on.

Only got your email today, sorry I haven't replied, but I think I've already covered your questions?

Yeah I think you have Eddy thanks. Im just waiting for the carb kit to turn up as much as anything as the diaphragms etc are all saggy and past it.

Done 50 odd hours at work this week before the above chainsaw work and yesterday I spent all afternoon/evening on the log splitter project im building and dialling in the fuelling on the repaired saws.

Thought I better spend a bit of time with the other half today altho I did sneak out the back and clean up a pair of husky crankcases whilst she was preparing the sunday roast :sneaky2:

Another interesting MS200T carb fault, this time the welch plug on the back of the carb facing the air filter backing plate. Never seen that before but all I know is it stopped the saw working well.

Sorted it, resealed the plug by repunching the plug with a little superglue round it, tested and all good. Fitted a new accelerator pump as well and we are away, all good.

Had a MS200T back in after it played up after porting and refurb. It was bogging and not idling and the guys local agent was muttering about saws not being able to be ported, the piston needed replacing and the exhaust had a hole in it:001_rolleyes: so needed replacing.

When I rebuilt it, the piston had a witness mark on its skirt where carbon had caught it but it wasn't bad so with the owners agreement left it in!

I measured the compression - Mmmm 220psi, yup, you read that right, 220psi:sneaky2: Not sure why the dealer thought the piston needed replacement as this saw kicks when starting and it REALLY feels high compression:thumbup:

I took the carb off, think the dealer had beaten me to it as the manifold sleeve support was missing - there is no way I would have left this out.

I stripped the carb and found the pumping diaphragm was perforated - had these before and usually spin a 6mm twist drill in each hole with my fingers to bevel the hole lightly so it won't happen again.

All seems OK now, it fourstrokes as it should and doesn't rev wildly as it was due to lack of fuel.

IMG_20150222_170717.jpg.8575b96a9774ff7a8a61c77a3a4fba4d.jpg

Had an Oleo MAC homeowner type saw repaired today. I was very unimpressed with the build. 50cc I think. Opened up the muffler because it was hugely restricted. Still an unimpressive saw.

Then had to fiddle with an OleoMAC strimmer. First impressions are they are junk compared to Stihl and Husky. :( Unfortunately, this one is ours.

Since fitting a dual port muffler to the stihl 064 i have just checked the plug, it looks ok on one half and yellowy on the other side? :confused1:

Im sure it four strokes and then clears in the cut! Dont want to do any harm to this saw. What should i do? Try richen both H & L up a bit more?