New Aluminium Climbers Now Released For Sale

Nigel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pair a few weks ago and have used them twice and they are wearing just like this! good spikes but dread to think what they will be like in a years time.

But surely once they have worn the clearance they need there will be no further wear, it looks to me like they are just settling in, I know you guys like your shiny gear, but this seem pretty petty to me :confused1:

But surely once they have worn the clearance they need there will be no further wear, it looks to me like they are just settling in, I know you guys like your shiny gear, but this seem pretty petty to me :confused1:

Yes thats about right and im not complaining just stating a fact, thats the problem with shiney coloured bits of kit IMO they would be better alloy and not coulered so when they do wear they wont look as bad.

Wrong kind of Rain?:001_smile:

They should send me one,I could trial it.Then if it stands up to 100" of annual Rainfall its propper.

yeah, you have wet rain over there...ours is dry:biggrin:

In all seriousness though, its all in the price. If you really want a genuinely 100% waterproof jacket(thats also breathable) you're looking at lots of money. The exception to the rule seems to be the cheaper army type people often mention.

Yes thats about right and im not complaining just stating a fact, thats the problem with shiney coloured bits of kit IMO they would be better alloy and not coulered so when they do wear they wont look as bad.

Why do I get the impression there are some things that some folk don't want to hear complaints about? Funny that.

When I posted my complaint about the x2 spikes, I didn't consider the implications. It soon dawned on me.

This world we live in has rapidly changed and it is all about information and audience. I am not generally all that comfortable in front of an audience, but the internet puts everyone on an equal footing.

This phenomenon we have all discovered, the thing called arbtalk, has given us all a source of power that can be of enormous value; information.

Arbtalk is fantastic:thumbup:

The wear on my spikes may not be worth complaining about to some, after all the strength has not really been compromised, they are not really classed as ppe, and the product does appear to give very good value.

Fortunately, to the people behind Stein, the wear was worth complaining about. The customer was not happy, they were not happy. They did something about it. I feel important:thumbup1:Thanks for that Ian.

Yesterday, I received a new pair of climbers complete with a modification to remedy the issue.

It looks good and I reckon it will do the trick, will reserve final judgement until I have given them a good trial, wouldn't want to make that mistake.

On the whole, I have come away with a positive view of Stein:thumbup:

DSCN1772.jpg.0c70f339ab365fbfaa45bccee8865e71.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg.004cd30f01c0de46a4f98c9c8e3e9d90.jpg

DSCN1765.jpg.f924c451a6e492f1f8fb9288617e70a4.jpg