need to vent my anger on here

Czlowiek Drzewo

Done a job back in March.

felled large ash tree and removed several loads from site.

Job was for a factoring company, they have told me they will pay me by the end of week 4 times since july, said several times they have received invoice.

Told them on phone 5 mins ago that its costing me so much time chasing it up that if they don't pay by end of week to get all there debris back on the doorstep.

Legally where do i stand here. They were supposed the pay me to get rid of there debris etc and now not paying me. Should i give them back there whole tree for not paying me?

Going to load up truck this friday and park outside office - give them a choice there and then cheque or 4 loads of heavy timber / woodchips on doorstep.

Well raging just now!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you have been more than reasonable with this customer regarding terms for services rendered, take them to court. Do not belabor the point and don't inform them of your intentions. This will only drag out the matter longer. I would not dump a load of debris at the job site as well. This may make your point but is childish IMO. Any paper work supporting your claim against said customer will be most helpful. In the future always have a signed work order or contract, it looks so much better in court. Good hunting.

easy-lift guy

don't have the means or time to do firewood service.

Legally - if a builders constructs a wall for a client and the cleint refuses topay the builder still ownes the bricks and can remove wall if need be??

Same applies for tree work. my quote is to remove all debris and dispose of them. If they don't pay me for job done then are they still not the legal owners of the debris?? if so they have have them back.!! :001_smile:

Small claims would be the way forward, if you tell them that you are going to start a case against them then they will more than likely pay up! Also your comments about the builder still owning the bricks after building a wall on clients property if they dont pay is untrue, as soon as any materals cross their threshold then they legally belong to them, weither they pay of not! Completly wrong but infortunatly most of the rights are on the side of the customer:(

This is just the reality of working for commercial clients, I have waited 6months on several occasions. Often factors will invioce their client and only pay on receipt of the funds to them.

I currently have £17k outstanding.

Just chill, you'll get it in the end.