Thermal Imaging Camera's

Treefitter

Though I can understand your frustration Treeline, having seen on various other forums how these situations have taken their course, I dont think the public forum is the right place to air grievances. Of course, when a service is exemplary, we shout it from the rooftops, and it only seems right that when the opposite is the case, it should also be mentioned. It seems to me that maybe you have to take a legal course of action, and I'd hate for that to be affected by anything said on forum. If you have issues with members, please keep it to pm's, emails, or the old-fashioned phone thingy.:001_smile:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, you thermo boys are getting a hard time in here!

personaly i think your all overlooking the fact that it is still early days for the technology, and failing to see the logic behind it. This method of tree evaluation is going to be around for the forseable future of that I am certain, there are always sceptics, I am not one of them.

There will never be a perfect tool, the evaluation of trees is always going to require a feel for the subject, including in ones view of the tree - fungi, thier strategies and lifestyles. The TI camera is going to become invaluable, enabling the assesor an added visual aid to assesing the force flows and fungal colonisation, combined with the other senses. Give this technology a chance, get your hands on one, have a go.

i dont think there is ever going to be a better tool for the job, the whole tree can be viewed for a start, the speed with which you could quickly locate the trees that REALLY need looking at is obvious, bats will be picked up as well.

included bark, splits in limbs that are undetectable from the ground etc

Some people feel a need to over analyze something, if you look deeply at anything youll see faults, but if you ask me, the positive implications way way outwiegh the negatives.

The market always dictates what is hot and what is not, and for me TI is the former.

Now with regards to the image outputs, for me the black and white (monochrome) images seem the best format for interpretation. what are your views on this Thermo guys?

I think it is still questionable and the fact that Marcus has destroyed any credibility with his antics on the UKTC has destroyed it, it was hillarious though :biggrin: My arb moment of the year award must go to him.

Personally i have a super high tech item called a nylon hammer and set of eyes that tell me everything i need to know.

:thumbup:

blimey, this tool has got some anti action!

I cant say too much due to having not had the chance to try it yet, but even so, i think its a bit unfair to dismiss the technique due to personal differences.

since when could anyone see in the heat differentials? forgive me but i cant see how anyone can claim to see what this camera sees, certainly not without considerable invasive proceedures?

Is it the camera or the seller you have problems with? at the moment it seems the latter for some?