Wood Slab Table

cstelin

Hi Everyone,

I live in London, and want a new table for my flat, whose top basically looks like a wooden slab still in the non-symmetrical shape of a tree. Not sure if I can describe it any better...

Does anyone sell these?

Many thanks!

Carlos

Hi mate, is it a dinning table or a coffee table your looking for?

cstellin

how about something like this? Oak, 2" thick. that top is one of the smaller ones @ 1.8m x 101cm at its widest.

legs, any timber style you like. ( i have a pal who bends inch perspex for table legs )

as with the finish. though my preference would be a wet looking water clear sprayed lacquer, very hard - not polished to a too high gloss or you'll see every scratch.

I have 6 of those tops, plus many others, bigger, smaller, lots of different woods. You can come and pick your own board if you like & then wait 3 weeks for me to build & finish it.

Just outside london, can deliver, or collect.

DSCF1653.jpg.b0619b547e12b2d902241887b659ebe7.jpg

How many people are you hoping to seat and then that will give us an idea of size. I expect I'll be more expensive than some of the others as you have come directly to the people milling the wood.

It would help if you could give details on whether the table would be natural surface or flattened, we know waney edge but are you still after a fairly straight edge with minimal tapering?, happy with cracks or want as few as possible?, you mention walnut like in colour (very hard to find and extortionately expensive) would you disapprove of staining to get the colour? Do you want someone to supply base and table top or are you thinking of getting a metal base etc. yourself.

Should help people suggest boards to you if you can answer some of these.