New Starter

Treemon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent two years at college, maybe. Interested in trees not likely. I would conclude.

Maybe just wants to play with toys. Can understand though, first 18 years of life in education, and then laws on employing young uns mean its not desireable to employ them. They are adults almost before they can get a taste of the real world, I think its a bit late for some of them. Ash oak and birch should at least be recognized by anyone of secondary school age. Or maybe I was just fortunate to be brought up in the countryside and be curious enough.

I think anyone that wasnt brought up in the countryside is sadly lacking in their knowledge - I have been asked what a blackbird looks like, someone didn't know what a blue tit song ws like, a numpty on a game show who thought a Merlin couldnt possibly be a bird as it was a wizard and as for trees, most don't have a clue.

Bit worrying that someone trained in arb cant recognise an Ash tree:confused1:

Am i being fussy- should someone whose spent 2 years at college doing arb to be able to id an ash tree - in fact any tree , is it teaching standards or the youth of today !:confused1:

That is pretty frightening, and frustrating for you, especially if you send them to cut down a particular tree and they cut down the neighbour's prize specimen instead.

I am curious to know what a person who spent 2 years at arb college can actually do?

nothing suprises me any more, not after a 22 year old thought Churchill sold insurance and was some sort of accountant.

it shows to me that they want to wear the gear and look like tree monkeys but not love trees or want to know about them - theres more and more like that - just had one!

I think anyone that wasnt brought up in the countryside is sadly lacking in their knowledge - I have been asked what a blackbird looks like, someone didn't know what a blue tit song ws like, a numpty on a game show who thought a Merlin couldnt possibly be a bird as it was a wizard and as for trees, most don't have a clue.

Bit worrying that someone trained in arb cant recognise an Ash tree:confused1:

It's actually amazingly worrying

But lets face it that means us time served tree guys/gals are one up on their likes.

They prob did arb course cos they liked ropes- it's a bondage thing:biggrin: