1st FREE Arb Assessment - "goes to" Cornthwaite Tree Care (Lancs)

AA Teccie (Paul)

Yesterday saw the first free 'ARB Approved Contractor' assessment awarded to Cornthwaite Tree Care of Chorley (Lancs) with CP Grimshaw Tree & Woodland Services, of Standish, and N. Buckley Tree Care, of Carnforth, 2nd and 3rd drawn for half price assessments. These visits will take place during early October.

Toby Cornthwaite said "I'm really pleased to receive this assessment and the nomination has been the catalyst for us to get on and get it done rather than it dragging on for months which it would have done otherwise."

The next region to benefit from the promotion will be the North East (with the 10th Oct. being the closing date for nominations and the associated free workshop will take place on 11th October at Askham Bryan College near York.)

Hence there is still plenty of time to be nominated so get on and contact you local authority Tree Officer seeking their support.

Thanks go to the 'nominators' for supporting the contractors in making the nominations.

Thanks all and 'well done to the Lancs based contractors..!'

Paul

Edited by AA Teccie (Paul)

Yesterday saw the first free 'ARB Approved Contractor' assessment awarded to Cornthwaite Tree Care of Chorley (Lancs) with CP Grimshaw Tree & Woodland Services, of Standish, and N. Buckley Tree Care, of Carnforth, 2nd and 3rd drawn for half price assessments. These visits will take place during early October.

Snip

Is this done on a 'first out of the hat' type system? Any chance of some meat on the bone about how it's all worked out. I am aware that a LA TO puts companies forward but what happens after that?

Also, are you going to be back in the NW anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

Is this done on a 'first out of the hat' type system? Any chance of some meat on the bone about how it's all worked out. I am aware that a LA TO puts companies forward but what happens after that?

Also, are you going to be back in the NW anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

Nimby, apologies for the delay in replying but I've been out delivering BS3998 seminars for the last couple of days.

In answer to your questions 'yes', essentially, it is first drawn gets the free assessment and then the next two get it at half-price. After nomination, and approx. 4-5 weeks before actual assessment dates, which are preset, we hold a FOC workshop in the region where it is expected the contractors will attend and then at the end of the day we do the draw. IF a contractor declined the opportunity (unlikely...I hope!) then we would draw a again.

In terms of when am I back in the NW, the first week in October to do the assessments. In terms of when the next opportunity will be, I'm afraid you'll have to wait til next year now as we're alternatining it round the 12 directory regions and NE region is up next.

Hope this equates to "a bit more meat" but if you're still hungry please do shout for more.

Many thanks..

Paul