climbing when its raining

Ross Smith

i heard it rains alot in norway, so i was curious to how much it does here. on average ireland gets 187 days a year, but certain parts get 225 wet days a year. woo hoo we won, we won. actually hold it thats not something to celebrate.

only if it was an olympic sport then maybe we'd win a medal

as you would for guinness consumption my friend....and who can blame you,i love and live on the stuff:001_smile:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i worked in the rian a few weeks back , just topping down a small cherry. But if its a large job and im clambering over wet branches, think id give it a miss if it was heavy rain...im neither north nor south...im east so want does that make me then soft or hard?:confused1:

mmm east??? That pretty much makes you the most likely to be interested in men. and the most likely to have an umbrella to hand should it start precipitating:001_tongue:hahahaha

did my first night work, line clearance 2 weeks ago.3 hours in cherry picker with 40/50 mile an hour winds and horizontal rain with a live lane of traffic on one side. That was one time I was glad to get my boots on the ground. A bit of Gore-tex and a paramo waterproof keeps you dry, but trying to see when you've rain coated specs is a pain in the arse!

I live in the LAKE DISTRICT its called that for a reason, only 2 seasons here, Wet and not quite as wet, so work regardless although do tend towards the easier jobs on really poor days.(Or stay in bed and the Kids go hungry!)

As the old saying goes "It cant go past your skin boy"

Hi didderly dooderly all... First post here for me guys.. Would ave to be about the bloody weather eh!!!

All good valid points that ring true. Amazing what you can achieve with a wet day off...a happy wife,rested body,quotes up to date,saws sharp,nagging clients dealt with, bills paid,psyched for next job, blah blah...couple or three cold ciders to round it all off. Happy days...Unless it rains again...oops!

I hate working in the rain!. I do it because I can't afford not to. Having said that, I won't do Walnuts, beeches or anything smooth barked or too greasy.

I just get the goretex on, slow right down and take it easy.

The best thing to do of course, is jump on to a good old boring Leylandii hedge reduction!:001_cool: