My New Steed.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a chopper bike when i was a kid but i really wanted a grifter..

scarred me for life that did :biggrin:

i dont mind all the bikes on the road its horses i cant stand. cool looking bike that Mick :thumbup1:

Ha Ha !, i had a blue grifter, best bike ever.

Have done both road bike and mountain, do prefer the mountain, but only because thats what i have at the mo.

Everyone is aloud on public roads, cars,bikes, cycles, horses etc, but there is always one thing missing that would make life easier for everyone and that is ........... Respect of other road users !

Ha Ha !, i had a blue grifter, best bike ever.

Have done both road bike and mountain, do prefer the mountain, but only because thats what i have at the mo.

Everyone is aloud on public roads, cars,bikes, cycles, horses etc, but there is always one thing missing that would make life easier for everyone and that is ........... Respect of other road users !

Well said that man

Surely no one is in that much of a hurry that a 30 second delay ruins their day

I cycle my daughters to shool every day, one on the front, and the other on the back. I make sure to ride as if I were four abreast! It is simply to ensure that when there are vehicles coming from both behind and towards you, the person wanting to overtake HAS to wait till there is enough space. If I do not take this simple (but sometimes annoying to cars in a rush) measure I put my life in the hands of ignorant drivers who believe bikes should bu@@er off, and I'd rather see my children grow up than dig graves for them.

If that does offend anyone on the road -wich it sometimes does- people in cars tend to use "less eloquent" ways of expressing their displeasure. I'm sure that if any of those car drivers would be in my position and had to make the same choice they would get to the same conclusion as I did: Our safety before your potential minor inconvenience!

heard this at the school gate one morning as a mum unloaded her daughter out of the range rover: "mummy why can't we walk to school?> We can't, there's too many cars!"