Work Vienna (not venice)

damian

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because trying to get austrian tree climbers is like looking for a neadle in a haystack and second i prefer to work with english guys as they seem to have a better work ethic and tend to know what they r doing plus the industry at home is about 5 to 10 yaears in front of the austrian one hope that clears it up cheers damian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've just got back to the U.K after working for Damian out in Austria. I can tell you I really didn't want to leave but I start Uni next week so I had no choice really as I'm moving into a different profession lol.

If any decent climbers who are up to a good standard and can do real tree work are thinking about going over I wouldn't hesitate to recommend working for Damo. He's one of the good guys, he'll look after you well and will sort everything out for you, e,g accommodation, working documents, Austrian bank accounts. Trust me it really helps to have that help when moving to a foreign country. The work is good, you will get to climb some massive trees and do real tree work for clients who actually appreciate what you've done. You will have a boss who actually has many years experience as a climber and he wouldn't put you in danger and wouldn't expect you to do something he couldn't do himself. He'll also buy you the odd beer or two after a hard day lol, can't be bad!

On top of all this Vienna is a fantastic place to be, public transport is ace and easy to learn your way around, most of the younger generation speak fluent English, so making friends is easy. Its by far the safest city I've ever been too as well. There's plenty of decent clubbing, bars restaurants, and you've got the rest of Europe on your doorstep too if you want to travel. Not forgetting the stunning scenery and mountains Austria has to offer, all within easy travelling distance on the train!

To be honest I must have been mad coming back lol, any who,

I hope this will help you make up your mind if you are still undecided,

Cheers, Neil

• 3 months later...

Hey damian, Im a contract climber from the uk. Id be interested in seeing Austria. Been contracting for a bit over 2 years now. Started contracting in Stockholm and then went to ozzy for a year and contracted in Melbourne. I just got back to the uk before Crimbo and am contracting in Kent for few companys and also in sweden for a few companys. I.E rotor basis. Im actually in Stockholm now and will be here for 2 weeks then booked up in uk for another week and half...... If your keen on having someone on a rotor basis let me now asap so i can sort some stuff out. best thing to do is e-mail me at [email protected] dont use this site much. hope you boys are having a mild winter like the sweds are.

Cheers MJ.