Help! What vehicle do I need for my wood yard?

tree888

we use a 2-3 tonne 4wd dumper thats had the skip removed and a tractor loader with pallet forks fastened on

works well enough but it's lifting capacity is only one cubic meter of split logs as any more makes it light at the back end and fitting a ballast weight is difficult as it's hand start plus could overload central pivot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea for a processor loader but not the time. I think an out front mower like the toro about 25hp. You see them about with decks trashed or missing. Can be bought for a few hundred pounds. Mount a loader and log grab on the front. Lift would only be about 200kg but enough to load a log deck. The machines come with hydrostatic drive and 4x4 and hyd pump. fast and agile

Hi Dylan

Did you choose to fit a loader instead of a forklift mast for any reason - like the little Benford forklifts?

Cheers

Steve

was originally going to use a forklift mast but couldn't find one at the right price in good nick

picked up the loader very cheap, has the advantage of being able to put a bucket on

was originally going to use a forklift mast but couldn't find one at the right price in good nick

picked up the loader very cheap, has the advantage of being able to put a bucket on

Yeah,I can see that - did you use a rear loader or the normeal foreloader.

I think that you could mount some three point linkage pins on the dumper and fit either as required - look forward to the pictures

Cheers

Steve