Chips

RPA

:eating:

Got an old customer just down the road from me that will take all the cippings I can give him for mulch(Doctor so bloody big garden).

Any basic rule of thumb as far as what chippings should not be used? At the end of the day a lot of the stuff we work on has something wrong with it.

Dont want to give him a nasty infection - hes not allowed to self prescribe :nurse:

I just dump everything in one giant chip-heap and let it all decompost. Not many other options really.

I wouldnt worry too much about pathogens passing from chip to plants. Though im sure theres a 'best practice' somewhere..

heres some info regarding woodchips

http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~Linda%20Chalker-Scott/Horticultural%20Myths_files/Myths/Wood%20chip%20pathogens.pdf

i personally give all my chips away then no one can complain except the man whose garden looked like a poplar nursery

I am giving them away, its just my conscience working overtime (and the wife works for him!)

I NEVER give away chips. Arb chips I always pile up in a big heap and turn for a season till they rot down. Then I charge £100 a load for them. never any shortage of takers either.

At the moment cant store more than 8 or 10 dumpy bags! Building up a working relationship with a local garden centre so that might lead to something more 'rewarding' :151: