Kettlebell training

Steve Bullman

Steve. isolation muscles in exercises is not recommended unless you are after bodybuilder look. ( nothing wrong with that ). any exercises done with kettlebells you use the whole body...like heavy squating..you keep everything tight and contracted. when you press with bells your glutes, core, lats, grip and internal organs get stronger.

Thanks Martin.

Im looking for a bit of both....bit of added size and overall strength and fitness so i think i need to mix and match them a little, but dont know the best way of doing it. perhaps just tap on a 15 minute kettlebell session to the end of freeweights? I keep my freeweights sessions pretty short and intense....generally about 45 minutes, never over an hour

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Martin.

Im looking for a bit of both....bit of added size and overall strength and fitness so i think i need to mix and match them a little, but dont know the best way of doing it. perhaps just tap on a 15 minute kettlebell session to the end of freeweights? I keep my freeweights sessions pretty short and intense....generally about 45 minutes, never over an hour

steve. kettlebells will get you stronger than free weights. all you need is kettlebells and gymnastic rings / body wieght work. has taken me 10 years of intensive training to work this out and much reading.

if its strong core you want then hit the gymnastic rings. even pushups on rings kill the core.

Kettlebells aren't going to put on size though are they?

Size. well after a year of pressing my shoulders look like my 32k kettlebells and my arms have grown a lot. My hips and upper thighs have expanded and my core has gor bigger.

its not about size though..its about fitness and strength.

will put vids up of real kettlebell men.