do you think this would sell

willappleby

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everybody at least no one said thay were rubbish and i should go back to my last job (was teaching music in schools much happier with achainsaw in my hands)

has anyboby got any ideas on how to go about selling and what would be a fair price

I would see if there are any shows near you, Craft fairs, gardening shows things like that. Even a good market people will buy it. Regarding price i usually work out how long it took and cost of wood if any, go by hourly rate. search internet for simular products, i've seen simular mushrooms go for 50 to 100 pounds before. I've been wood turning for just over a month thought i'd give it a go, will post pics on another thread.

I would see if there are any shows near you, Craft fairs, gardening shows things like that. Even a good market people will buy it. Regarding price i usually work out how long it took and cost of wood if any, go by hourly rate. search internet for simular products, i've seen simular mushrooms go for 50 to 100 pounds before. I've been wood turning for just over a month thought i'd give it a go, will post pics on another thread.

cheers ian, good idea will give it some thought , what saw the accident , hope it wasnt to bad always fancied trying some wood turning myself , to mean to buy a lathe allready had the chain saws from my farming days, hope it goes well for you

cheers ian, good idea will give it some thought , what saw the accident , hope it wasnt to bad always fancied trying some wood turning myself , to mean to buy a lathe allready had the chain saws from my farming days, hope it goes well for you

Been out of it for over a year, had op on back waiting for op on shoulder but said im too young:confused1: finding out other options. Got my lathe from ebay 80 pound it's a ML8 myford with circular saw attachment (haven't tried it yet tho). I loved doing tree surgery determined to get back into it tho but have a few other sidelines as well.

thanks everybody at least no one said thay were rubbish and i should go back to my last job (was teaching music in schools much happier with achainsaw in my hands)

has anyboby got any ideas on how to go about selling and what would be a fair price

I think they are rubbish and you should go back to teaching music in schools, the pay cheque will be far more frequent the pension is better and Kids need music. hahahaha Thats the best Joke reply Ive ever done. Seriously tho,, they are good but you didnt really pack your full time profession in for them did you???

Those mushrooms look good and I'm sure you would easily sell them, why not try a local garden centre.I know they wont pay as much as a private customer sale but if your more interested in making them than selling then why not.

That owl on the books is outstanding btw. :icon14:

What wood is it carved from?