Log Size

ukminch

same as steve really

10"as standard but could be smaller, any other size is cut to order with advance booking.

come to the conclusion that no matter what size they are you will not please everyone.

too small, big, fat, thin, long, short.

wrong shape, not 1/2 round, too much dust.

too dry, burn too fast, dont delivery on a rainy day

the list goes on.................................

6-8",8-10",10-12" stockpiled for me,little old ladies with council house grates love the small ones,pain really but you keep the trade for years! other sizes cut to order,i have one bloke has 3ft logs for a huge inglenook,not many of them to the lb! i agree with firewoodman about pleasing people,alot turn their nose up when you tip a load of seasoned wood on the drive and bark falls off,i know a bloke sells nothing but green sycamore,oak,beech etc,looks lovely on the truck,not so good on the fire

if i have time - i go around to a new customers house - to look at their fire - and we will cut to size - as space and quantity are not an issue to dad and i - we can just stockpile firewood for each customer if need be

but as we do mostly chestnut - we really only sell to those with woodburners - although we have a stash of other timbers for open fires

How do you get on with selling chestnut? I always thought it was rubbish, does it burn ok in woodburners.

I met a 96 yera old woman last year (normal saturday night on the town) and she burns chestnut in an open fire but says she strips the bark off first and that helps it burn!

She could strip it off and get to the wood quicker than I could say "thats 40quid a load, do you want it in the front or rear!"