Website design feedback and online sales

AJR Firewood

I like it on the whole. A good job. Friendly but professional. The only thing that is missing is that I may want a Hilux full of logs. If that is not a service you offer, that's fair enough.

I disagree on out-going links. Not good for SEO in my humble opinion. Too many of these with not many incoming links and google will write your site off as a link farm.

Overall, I think you've done a really nice job on it.

Agreed, make your page titles more descriptive and with more keywords.

The main thing for SEO is incoming links from similar sites. So, a site about firewood linking to yours is good news. A site about monkeys linking to yours has very little value in google's eyes.

Have you considered using Google Product search as well. It's a bit complex but it's still the main traffic driver to our site at the moment and generates a lot of sales for us.

Sorry for a lack of input everyone - I've been away in Devon enjoying the summer sunshine on the beach :thumbup:

Loads of great feedback guys it's all appreciated! The website is flash as I use a popular flash based online webiste builder. Would there be a significant difference regarding traffic if it was in HTML? I'm in no ways an expert on the subject but my website costs very little and was reasonably succesful last year.

Sorry for a lack of input everyone - I've been away in Devon enjoying the summer sunshine on the beach :thumbup:

Loads of great feedback guys it's all appreciated! The website is flash as I use a popular flash based online webiste builder. Would there be a significant difference regarding traffic if it was in HTML? I'm in no ways an expert on the subject but my website costs very little and was reasonably succesful last year.

Obviously its up to you ! And if it works go for it.

However there is no FLASH support on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) and you will therefore not be seen by them....

Oh, it's flash. I take it all back. You will have to rip that down and start again. We've had to do that with a client's site and his sales have increased by a multiple of 10 in a year (famous bloke off the telly). He was in denial for a year before we finally conviced him.

You just can't build your site in flash. It's death to your online business. Sorry.

How about building it around a shopping cart like Magento? That gives you the easy option of adding buy buttons everywhere with full checkout support. Plus you can plug in Wordpress or whatever for blogs etc.