Looking for some small trees to practise on. Bristol

Rigodon

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has a felling site or some felling work near Bristol.

I did my CS31 course this week and I feel I could use some more practice.

My assessment is in 3 weeks!! so I have some time and I am keen to give anyone a FREE hand in exchange for some practice...

My instructor said that as long as I have done the course and someone with the ticket is close by to supervise me is totally legal practicing.

Also, I have all the gear and saws...

Many thanks.

Victor.

It's not as simple as you may think, in contracting time is money, if you wanted to play on my site and have me look after you I would need paying.

if you hurt yourself the boss is liable.

Personally practising without an instructor leads to bad habits, mental practice is better, go for walks in woodland and imagine how you would fell each tree you see, vision where it will land and how you would sned it out, if this sounds bonkers, then welcome to my world :)

It's not as simple as you may think, in contracting time is money, if you wanted to play on my site and have me look after you I would need paying.

if you hurt yourself the boss is liable.

Personally practising without an instructor leads to bad habits, mental practice is better, go for walks in woodland and imagine how you would fell each tree you see, vision where it will land and how you would sned it out, if this sounds bonkers, then welcome to my world :)

:lol::lol:

Bonkers Stephen does have a point though, its not as simple as it sounds. Free labour is always very tempting for someone but he has to also dedicate his time to looking after you and therefore getting less production. I hope you find someone to take you on, i know how difficult it must be for someone starting out in the business.

Good luck

what i would do is go for a walk in the wood find some old loggs aprox a 1m-2m long then dig a hole about a 1ft deep, place logg up right in the hole, then back fill, and then practice your felling cut's on this:thumbup: p.s don't take wood fron stacked timber pile's:biggrin:

Hi there and welcome when you have done your first assesments life will become much better As it will be eaiser to get paid work . Before I did my assesments I did go out and use my saw as my assesments were not stright after my courses . I went and did loads of pratice cutting up any wood I could I find into fire wood doing this really helped me when it came to my assesments . For the felling I was lucky I did find a site that needed some small trees felling So I was able to do a bit before .

All the best And good luck littletree

Hi to all and thanks for your replies...

Well I don't expect anyone to take me to a busy contract operation and show me how to do the job... I just need some practice and it might be that someone has the right place for that... just trying my luck.

Also the fact that I don't have the tickets does not mean I'm useless. I worked as a climber/surgeon for 5 years in Spain (where you don't need tickets and very few people assess).

I haven't done much tree work in the last few years and what I need to do for the cs31 is a bit different than what I use to do and that's why I want some more practice.

Thanks again for the advice and if you hear from someone that might have those trees for me to chop down let me know pls, it'd be much appreciated.