Greenteeth sharpening

scraggs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've probably done 10 jobs with that set, so maybe a weeks work (5 days) per set. I usually do 2-3 jobs per edge. They are not completely blunt, just a bit dull, and could do with a touch-up.

I'll be doing them tomorrow, and will take some decent before/after pics.

That is amazing!

A weeks work and they are still not worn out?

I did one 115cm cedar yesterday morning in 2.5hrs and an 80cm laurel in 45min, 3h15min work, one whole turn of the teeth used and 360euros inc vat charged which worked out at 110euros p/h or £90 p/h

I'd have had to turn the entire set just to show as little wear as the ones you've posted which would have only added another half hour to the job.

Perhaps that's what I should do?

Anyway, I'm going to give this idea of yours a try.:thumbup1:

Cheers.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan

By popular demand - before and after photos. First photo shows the worn side which I have 'left' by not grinding down that far. Second photo shows the two edges that are now sharp due to depth of grind. Hope that makes sense :)

Ty - I have 23 hours on my machine, and this will be the second set I have sharpened. I estimate, therefore, that each set get 10 hours of actual grinding time before they are dull.

WP_20140525_007.jpg.cecbc8a45e022691a83ca7b444825dbf.jpg

WP_20140525_005.jpg.e4bfb04049e0a63a69885d29a9fdfbff.jpg

Ah, ours has done rather more since 2011.

In fact as the hour counter has NEVER worked due to a wiring fault and Bandit France FAILED to fix it under warranty I can only estimate at around 300+hours.

It can rack up 24hours+ per week which is very fatiguing but is only 2 sets of teeth to earn.

On my FB page, I ground out 75 stumps, 64 30cm Lawsons and 11 pops up to 1m across the buttresses 2 weeks ago in just 8 hours 'machine time'

Soft soil, no real stones, used the last of my Red teeth which are more concave than the Green ones.

960 euros billed, 60euros in fuel, 80 euros in teeth.

I've tend to use my teeth until the performance drops right off then keep the better worn ones for grinding shoite like pop and willow out of cobbles or concrete.

I'm going to give this trick of your a go mind.

Thanks for sharing it.

Ty

By co-incidence, here is another example of 75 stumps of Thuyia done in 6 hours for 960euros.

For a local building contractor.

We felled the hedge too.

I admit I over estimated this one as normally there are lots of stones and rubbish to contend with under a hedge of this nature.

I was VERY lucky, it was almost totally clean with hardly a stone in sight.

42 euros of fuel and 2 turns of the teeth.

Ty

So 2.50 saved minus 30p the new nut plus postage.?

Oh your onto a winner allright there mate

Err, why the cocky answer? Just because I don't want to throw away good teeth in need of a sharpen?

Why be cocky Ty? If I save 2.50 per tooth and I have 8 teeth????then that's a good saving. I've read your post for a few years and you most key talk sense but on this you've been a bit of a plonker with your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Err, why the cocky answer? Just because I don't want to throw away good teeth in need of a sharpen?

Why be cocky Ty? If I save 2.50 per tooth and I have 8 teeth????then that's a good saving. I've read your post for a few years and you most key talk sense but on this you've been a bit of a plonker with your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hodge calm down mate.

Tight get! :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app