Greenteeth sharpening

scraggs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you sharpen green teeth then? Why can't you grind the outside edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Holly thread revival :)

You need to keep the dish shape in the middle to keep a cutting edge.

green teeth are easy to sharpen get a diamond wheel from china £8 delivered to the door if you are gonna get a bench grinder buy quite a powerful one as it takes quite a bit of power heres a picture of our set up without the guard we just let the sharpener do its own thing while we are sharpening saws refilling the chipper with diesel etc so it doesn't really take any time out of our day and it saves us going to collect drop of teeth

Photoa0071.jpg.3ea260cfa06c21e6554bf2dd6a8f27b7.jpg

Search 'sharpening green teeth' on YouTube there is a video by Australian company called RedRoo demonstrating how to.

Looks pretty easy but be warned from what I've heard the dust is very carsonagenic.

You can't alway compete on price but you can on quality

we have a guard that goes right the way round the cutter wheel with just enough of a hole to get the teeth thru and the inside of it is filled with grease

• 4 weeks later...

Surely it is simply cheaper, more convenient and better for your health to just price the teeth into the job and throw them away after rather than spend valuable time not fishing, cycling, servicing wife etc...

80euros for 8 teeth

12 hours average use from set of teeth.

6.66euros per hour in teeth.

Can you not absorb this small cost per hour?

Are your margins that tight?

It must cost more than you save to sharpen 8 teeth!

THEN, you must also buy the kit required to do the job on top.

I firmly believe sharpening Greenteeth at home to be an unpleasant false economy.

Ty

After speaking to Dean at global I am getting mine sharpened through him. £3 each. It's ok to price them in but why throw them away if you can get more use out of them? Also where is the nearest competitor with a stump grinder? I have at least 2 in the same town as me so adding another 60 quid onto the job won't work I'm afraid. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk