Isuzu NKR Grafter Range

Mark James

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For extra comedy value try putting things in the overhead compartments and see how long they stay there, could be dangerous to the unwary driver.

I used to keep my risk assessments on that shelf. they often hit the passenger on the head, it was written in the risk assessment :lol:

Not sure about the grafter but I have the Elf with a 3.1 motor and 2.8 tonne load. Isn't exactly the gruntiest thing in the world, in fact I'd say it's pretty gutless. Absolutely useless off road. It'll get stuck at just the site of wet grass. Cab is fit for people under 6 feet tall and of the smaller build otherwise, with two people in it would be extremely cramped. Having said that, it's as reliable as heck, hasn't really let me down yet, turning circle is awesome and it's light and easy to drive. If you're towing or loaded though it will suck through the diesel.

I had a 30 mile ride in a 7.5 tonne NKR and I couldn't believe the ride. It felt as if it had no suspension at all, bouncing like an excited puppy. I do really like the look of them, but that alone would put me off as I ended up pretty travel sick. And I don't get travel sick!

I had a 30 mile ride in a 7.5 tonne NKR and I couldn't believe the ride. It felt as if it had no suspension at all, bouncing like an excited puppy. I do really like the look of them, but that alone would put me off as I ended up pretty travel sick. And I don't get travel sick!

They ride a heap better with a load of mulch in the back.

We have a 3.5 and a 6.2. Both 59 plate so haven't had the rotted sump yet. Agree with all the comments so far about the 3.5. The 6.2 is a very sweet truck. Obviously you need an O-licence for it but it'll take 2.8t payload plus kit and men. The 3.5 we had to completely reconfigure the tipper to get the load right over the rear axle as when we had the original body on it the front axle was overloaded with no-one and no kit in it. Most of the 3.5t trucks around, especially the ones you see at shows, are fit to be grossly overloaded. I.e. the chip box is far too big.

Our next purchase will be a tipper 4wd.

• 4 weeks later...