monkey puzzle

jimmythesaw

Turned bowls out of it you need the bits where all the branches meet in the stem it turned beautifully all the dots meet if you do it right and I haven't used any planks yet I have 3 8' long about 2' dia to mill soon I'm guessing itl be great itl have red dots all the way down the planks

yew please keep us posted I have a tree next door about 80' tall with a trunk at the base of at least 30". Would love to take down some day and work with the trunk.

elg

Elg my advice is straight fell keep it as long as possible paint the ends keep it two years turn it 90 degrees every 6 month then plank it , or use the branch unions for turning bowls a tree that size there will be load of them , yew

One of my favourite trees. I bought my folks one in 1970 and it's the only one I know that size that still has branches all the way down to the ground

That’s only because you have never had to fell one, you would quickly learn to hate them :thumbdown:

Think Rottweiler with a bad attitude and toothache

That’s only because you have never had to fell one, you would quickly learn to hate them :thumbdown:

Think Rottweiler with a bad attitude and toothache

Most rotties are sweet deep down...a shot of dexdomitor/torb and it'll roll right over but getting the tooth out might need an alveolar resection.

In tree terms that'd be wrap it in canvas, dig round and cut roots on one side and drag the sucker out of the ground with a tractor:biggrin::lol: