monthly arb-talk carving contest.....

robbo 110

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any tips off the pro's would be more than welcome.

i.e whats the best way to do the gills underneath the cap ????

If the shrooms big enough you'd get away with a chainsaw. Secure it either upside down or on its side and and make shallow radiating cuts out from stipe.

If smaller do same thing with an angle grinder.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, i've only just registered with the site after seeing this post. nevet done any before but fancied trying some carving for ages so if its alright then count me in too. Started the mushroom today so I'll post my work so far photos tommorow :001_cool:

hello all, i've only just registered with the site after seeing this post. nevet done any before but fancied trying some carving for ages so if its alright then count me in too. Started the mushroom today so I'll post my work so far photos tommorow :001_cool:

welcome to both arbtalk & the carving contest!!

we will look forward to seeing some pics :thumbup1:

cheers Robbo :thumbup1: ok so here are my work in progress pics, spent one tank of juice on it so far and hopefully i'll have it done with one more tommorow.

well done mate, i like the 'curly' stem!! i dont know if you noticed but if you want to put in another one after your first then that is fine,, the more the merrier!, you then choose which one you would like to enter into the vote for the best 'shroom'!!!!!!! :thumbup:

This has a few mushy's in it, does it count?

100_1113.jpg

Carved this in a comp in Canada in June!

Cheers, Tommy

good to see you back on here tommy..... great to see some more of your work............. the first post stated..... mushrooms... however you like..!!!!

but we need to see pics of work in progress so we can be sure that its your own work :blushing::laugh1: !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

thats it i'm hooked :) here is my finished mushroom ( well finished with the saw at least ) and i couldn't wait till next month so i got straight into the shell :001_tt2: any tips for drying these out so they dont crack too much would be great, the beady eyes out there will of spotted they are of cherry so i cant hang around too long before sanding and treating. guess i need to get me a sander and some treater then :001_rolleyes: just using a back handled 200 at the min but i think i'll be purchasing some proper carving tools before i get into the more complicated third piece. good luck all who are giving this a go, (except tommy haha). lee.

59765e15e18d6_mushroomandshell.jpg.37ad3bbd869f88fc23a14ea366b54a0c.jpg

shell1.jpg.5c3fc1ac14e77bbfd552fac005acc1e7.jpg

shell2.jpg.17841cd64f2c84344c0601b641aae4ae.jpg

shell3.jpg.443c0acdc0f4f589181386a6f0bfdb41.jpg

mushroom1.jpg.9a439797109eb5310cf27ff6b07f7ab3.jpg