stein 2000 vs treerunner 500

Dilz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilz, yes thats what I'm saying, thanks.

Majestic, its going ok so far, still getting organised which is a little frustrating, spent thousands all ready. Ripped up a few big firs along the way, but my hands are tied, sort-of, until my tax and business situation is a little further foward. Still feel like a bit of an alien, people are just different....tried my hand at humour a couple of times, didn't manage to pull it off. Its all good though, magnificent place to be, I'll post some photos soon enough. Thanks for asking.

Drew, the buckingham portawraps are terrific in every way, for such a simple configuration and minimal amount of material there can be no complaints in getting value for money:thumbup1: I've had 2 in years gone by, although they only lasted a year and a half each before being too badly worn to continue with. The experience was obviously major consideration in designing the Steins. Thanks again

dilz do i know you lol? what is your name iv got a fealing i may have been to risholme with you, im james atkinson btw if your wondering,

James as in door knocking, 2cv driving, 'your mum' James? :001_tt2:

Its Tom mate, the tall good looking one from your course ;)

also the treerunner has been available for at least the last two years if not longer over here from Skogma, who get all their stuff from Germany, i was put off with the tree runner because a lot of the climbing kit under their name i have found to be over priced and not the best, but then everything in sweden is over priced.....'

what size ropes have you run on the tree runner? like i say i'm tempted by the polydyne 14mm rope, i think that can handle most things I do.

Get most of our kit from the uk too, @25quid per order to be shipped over cant go wrong

Got the RC2000, really rate it, keep trying to break it but just cant :biggrin:

Dilz, For what its worth, I’ve had a Stein RC 2000 for 12 months. It’s only been used a handful of time though. That said, I really rate it, my mate likes it and my wife loves it..so it must be good!

On receipt from the retailer I noted some rust inside the barrel where the corrosion protection was missing. I photo’d it and the merchant advised the manufacture: who said it was normal (or words to that effect) i.e. not detrimental. I wasn’t too fussed as I thought I’d give a lick of zinc paint next time I was using some. 12 months on, and the rust has progressed a tad (as you might expect) but of more concern was the alloying and apparent voids / slag entrapment in a couple of structural welds. Fortunately the welds concerned are not at critical joints and I'm relaxed about it as the unit would, I think, still 'fail safe' in the event of a yield at one of the welds. However, it made me wonder what if any NDT are carried out as part of the production QA.

59765d60e04dd_DSC03562photopages.jpg.cea83024699482a57dda326206dd7983.jpg

59765d60db34a_DSC03561photopages.jpg.c6669192cee576bff374da5a4a9602fd.jpg

59765d60d6386_DSC03560photopages.jpg.001ba0fd82c872894172cd00c9bbf2b2.jpg

Drew, the buckingham portawraps are terrific in every way, for such a simple configuration and minimal amount of material there can be no complaints in getting value for money:thumbup1: I've had 2 in years gone by, although they only lasted a year and a half each before being too badly worn to continue with. The experience was obviously major consideration in designing the Steins. Thanks again

Good to hear Reg, i cant see me wearing a porty or Rc device out very quickly:001_smile:

As the designer, what would you see as the major differences between them?

cheers mate, enjoy canada

thats me, i had a feeling it was you, what the hell you doing over there! glad too hear you are still climbing, you hear much from our lot these days? sorry that isnt to do with this thread, but im after a bollard too, and really fancy the stein fixed bollard, but as iv said before is it worth it compared too the tree runner, grrr

thats me, i had a feeling it was you, what the hell you doing over there! glad too hear you are still climbing, you hear much from our lot these days? sorry that isnt to do with this thread, but im after a bollard too, and really fancy the stein fixed bollard, but as iv said before is it worth it compared too the tree runner, grrr

hi james,

for what its worth just spend that little extra and get what you want mate, the tree runner is great and for less than £230 its a bargain but then you only have to put another 150 or so quid to it to get the stein rc3001.......and the stein speaks for its self you can't go wrong with either of them, they both do the same job just the stein is gonna be more than robust......think of it like this if reg coates (the designer) can't break it you definitely aint gonna break it:lol:

the tree runner is just another bollard that does exactly whats its ment to do so what you should be thinking is instead of going for the tree runner is it not worth waiting another week without something you have not had for the past god knows how long and buy the stein.....hope that made sense :confused1:

the rc2000 looks good, and for someone who wants in between a portawrap/capstan then this is your answer, all lowering devises are great things, that get the job done quicker easier and safer and if that involves playing around with stuff like mark has with his, or home made stuff like rupe has and robert,s has all the better for us that love to whatch read listern and learn............all these things are what makes this industrie so special....

James, i'll PM you as i it will take too much space,

Majestic, My issue is slightly budget based hence why the stein isnt on the agenda, though maybe it will be...may have to sell a few things...Ashdown 300watt bass Stack 1X2X10" + 1x15" cabs 300 quid anyone....

I like the stein have used it, works almost too well...The tree runner just looks so simple and seeing as i said before i have to at times work with people who arent clued up on rigging its almost fool proof to set up....though the Stein in my mind looks more versatile...... sod it i'm going to flip a coin, heads tree runner, tails stein rc

ah this foreign coin has neither...any one got 10p???

Josharb87.... where abouts you based in Sweden?