stein 2000 vs treerunner 500

Dilz

looking for info form those who have used these, i have played with the stein, very nice bit of kit, but i like the simplicity in set up presented by the tree runner though have yet to use one myself, but its looking more and more that these kind of lowering bollards are becoming fast favourites . How do they compare with regards to the size of wood you can drop on them, i remember on another thread talk of being able to drop more on the tree runner due to its stability against the tree,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the tree runner p500 but as for being able to drop big pieces on them, there safe working load limit is no different from a capstan or portawrap its safe working load limit is 500kg but thats still a big lump.....its the stein rc3000 that can take more than the tree runner as you can take the retaining mounts of it and cut the back plate into the tree taking its SWL from 500kg to 3000kg but thats no reason to push your equipment to that extreme...

my opinion is you get what you pay for i bought the tree runner just for trial purpose only just so people can read what i have to say about it and if its good value for money....and yes it is....

i would not bother with the rc2000 or any other capstan/portawrap anymore as the tree runner and in the fuuture the stein rc3001 will be my main use in lowering...there just quick simple and very effective

hope this has help mate....:thumbup:

i have the tree runner p500 but as for being able to drop big pieces on them, there safe working load limit is no different from a capstan or portawrap its safe working load limit is 500kg but thats still a big lump.....its the stein rc3000 that can take more than the tree runner as you can take the retaining mounts of it and cut the back plate into the tree taking its SWL from 500kg to 3000kg but thats no reason to push your equipment to that extreme...

my opinion is you get what you pay for i bought the tree runner just for trial purpose only just so people can read what i have to say about it and if its good value for money....and yes it is....

i would not bother with the rc2000 or any other capstan/portawrap anymore as the tree runner and in the fuuture the stein rc3001 will be my main use in lowering...there just quick simple and very effective

hope this has help mate....:thumbup:

:confused1:Really???????:confused1:

I use a 5T rachet strap on the top eye of the RC2000, through a crab, to crank it nice and tight so it doesn't flop around like a portawrap (which I hate).

Makes it more bollard-like.

Really rate mine, so easy to use.

Can't comment on the Treerunner.

:confused1:Really???????:confused1:

yeah i wanted to buy the stein rc3001 but know one had used the tree runner so thought i would try and test for everyone....

i know i'm a good bloke no need to thank me just kinda thing i do:sneaky2:

@mark

sounds good mate got any pictures ?

a mate over here just had a tree runner shipped over, but wont be working with him again until august..... I really like how simple the treerunner looks to set up, sometimes i have to sub in to companies who give me blokes to ground who have never rigged, so i figure the tree runner is so simple to set up, no flapping a round, no need to feed through a bight etc, though this wouldnt be a problem but sometimes there are language difficulties. i think i will go for that and run a 14mm polydyne rope on it as i this will cover me for most stuff i come across.

also majestic, where abouts in Lincolnshire are you based? i may have asked already but i cant remember, i used to stomp around there quite a bit, Scunthorpe, studied at riseholme near lincoln, owrked for a company near newark etc.

also majestic, where abouts in Lincolnshire are you based? i may have asked already but i cant remember, i used to stomp around there quite a bit, Scunthorpe, studied at riseholme near lincoln, owrked for a company near newark etc.

based around the boston spalding area mate, who did you work for...

did a few of my cs's at riseholme nice place..

where are you now then mate.

why has your friend ordered one from over seas you can buy them over hear buddy.