Small buissness grants??

treemanmichael

hi,

ive recently moved my buissness to another yard and we are now trying to step up our firewood/biofuel production. Im going down the eco friendly road by using traditional swedish bee hive timber stacks, we cut all wood by hand to a high quality. All timber is locally sourced from sustainable woodlands etc....

My problem is that im finding it very hard to get infomation reguarding small buissness grants. Im looking to renovate some of the outbuildings at my new yard and to purchase some more bits of kit. just seem to have hit a dead end with the funding before ive even started.

any thoughts?????

Might be wrong ( hope I am!!) but I did not find any grant funding at all when I looked a couple of years ago in England. Loans are available through the governments buisness gaurantee scheme but interest rates are very high. No doubt the Scots will be spending our oil revenues and be handing cash out somewhere though, got an awfull lot of wood in Scotland planted courtesey of grants from the English govt that looks like it may never be harvested unless timber prices rise which is looking very probable. Wales I have no idea.

A

i am looking into the micro grant scheme but it all seems a bit of a grey area.

didnt know you had to put in the first 5k. crikey.

just seems like alot of people have managed to get grants but its a mystery how. i awaiting a phone call from the forestry comission this afternoon. ill keep you posted with the results of the conversation. thanks for the advice.

just got off the phone to the forestry comission and he seemed very interested in helping although the grants they offer are not quite right for us. hes arranged a visit to come and take a look at what were about. and he also wants photographs of the buildings were situated in. his ears pricked up when i started talking about historical work methods etc. fingers crossed the ball might be rolling now.:thumbup1:

Alycidon;511960]Might be wrong ( hope I am!!) but I did not find any grant funding at all when I looked a couple of years ago in England. Loans are available through the governments buisness gaurantee scheme but interest rates are very high. No doubt the Scots will be spending our oil revenues and be handing cash out somewhere though, got an awfull lot of wood in Scotland planted courtesey of grants from the English govt that looks like it may never be harvested unless timber prices rise which is looking very probable. Wales I have no idea.

A[/quote[/i]]

Are you referring to the government of the United Kingdom?

Might be wrong ( hope I am!!) but I did not find any grant funding at all when I looked a couple of years ago in England. Loans are available through the governments buisness gaurantee scheme but interest rates are very high. No doubt the Scots will be spending our oil revenues and be handing cash out somewhere though, got an awfull lot of wood in Scotland planted courtesey of grants from the English govt that looks like it may never be harvested unless timber prices rise which is looking very probable. Wales I have no idea.

A

The scots spending our oil revenues.

Someone sounds a bit bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk