show us your Log Store

bob

This seasons fashion for log stores is "Lord of the rings"  ... Asymmetric  Gothic Arch style !!!! ....Couple of branches of bone Oak , carefully selected for shape and the rest is tanalsied from MVF  .   I just wanted something a bit more attractive in the back garden than a square box , I keep most of my logs in my woods , this is just my at home supply of a few weeks , will double as a bower seat or for a large potted plant in summer  ....

DSCF1603.JPG

• Like 15

On 10/01/2018 at 20:36, Plwm said:

Finally got round to finishing my little store. Found my water main in the process of digging out for the base... oops! :thumbup:

Just needs a few more internal partitions and a door to the 'working area' to finish it off. Oh, that, and processing all the logs etc that are lying around the drive and garden that were waiting for the store to be built! The wife says it'll be nice to use the drive to park on again!!

IMG_20170804_134251.jpg

IMG_20170804_202041.jpg

IMG_20171029_101642.jpg

IMG_20171119_155652.jpg

IMG_20171231_111449.jpg

IMG_20171231_111520.jpg

IMG_20180104_113236.jpg

IMG_20180104_113251.jpg

For the love of god, stainless steel nails to stop the stains!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
Looks tidy as well, is the chopping board with the blue wire to tell you the stacked dates so you use them in the right order?

Chopping board? You mean the furniture movers the kids use as skateboards and hook the wheels over a couple of logs to store them [emoji23]

When I split I normally write the month and year on the ends of couple of logs in each store with a markal, so I know not to go back to them for 12+months. But all of the logs in this store are fully seasoned (I’d stored the rounds for more than two years before splitting them)

22 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

Chopping board? You mean the furniture movers the kids use as skateboards and hook the wheels over a couple of logs to store them emoji23.png

When I split I normally write the month and year on the ends of couple of logs in each store with a markal, so I know not to go back to them for 12+months. But all of the logs in this store are fully seasoned (I’d stored the rounds for more than two years before splitting them)

Ahhh that will be it then, couldn’t work out what the boards were.

i do something similar re date, my logs are stored in crates I have made out of pallets and on the right hand side of each crate I have a bit of white plastic which were off cuts from white fascia board, on that plastic I write the date which I filled the crate, like you so that it gets left a year and I use the oldest first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

15 m3 in at between 16% and 17%.

Which replaces, as best I can establish,  that wot I used last winter.

Along with a single 2250l fill of kero.

My rotissary was a simple solution to the bullet bundles being misaligned by 90deg  to the saw due to access constraints with the wee loader tractor. It needs 'cribs" adding btw.

Three days working with a straight back and nary a twinge. (Having spent the last 6 months in total depressive inactivity.)

Now to replenish my outdoor stock of billet bundles.

Mth.

EDIT.

Today I Found out. .  .  .

That Flipflops and Shorts were a poor choice for working among some mega strong Scotch Thristles and fornicating Clegs, in these circumstances the chainsaw was the least of my tribulations

Gerrr!

IMG_20210723_114454595.jpg

IMG_20210723_114429261.jpg

IMG_20210723_114419105.jpg

IMG_20210721_115440655.jpg

Edited by difflock
  • Like 3