Conservation area's

swinny

Hi there,

Just a quick querie, if a customer has planted a small tree in there garden, not sure if it is a conservation area or not, but if it were a conservation area would then need permission to remove it or could the go ahead and just have it removed..... tree in question is some sort of ornamental pine about 12-14ft tall approx 4" dia

Cheers

If anyone can point me in the direction of some information showing inclusions and exclusions of conservation area's etc that would be appreciated

:)

My understanding is....in a C/A and over 750ml diam then you need permissions to carry out any work....thats if it is a C/A...not sure on the TPO front as everything within the C/A is covered by a "blanket" TPO...

Only my understanding though....:001_huh::001_huh:

As already said, if the tree has a trunk diameter of 7.5cm at a height of 1.5m above ground level then it will be covered by Con' Area regs, regardless of who planted it.

The best thing to do for finding out if an address is actually in a Con' Area - or not - is to look at the relevant Local Authority's website or call one of the Planners directly.

if it were a conservation area would then need permission to remove it or could the go ahead and just have it removed.....

Just adding to the other comments and links, if a tree is in a CA then you need only notify the local authority that you intend to remove the tree. The local authority must either i) consent to removal, ii) not reply to your request (and by default grant permission to allow removal), or iii) TPO the tree. Refusal of the intent to remove is not permitted. BTW I wouldn't run with option ii without first discussing it with the tree officer.

do the four d's (dead, diseased, dying, dangerous) overcome conservation area regulations, or is should the local authority still be notified?

You still give notice, but if it is DDD (dead,dieing or dangerous) you would give shorter notice than 6 weeks if there were safety issues with waiting.

Edited by skyhuck