suunto clinometers

elicokiz

Hi i'm trying to source 4 0r 5 clinometers at a reasonable price, after researching found they fetch about £100 each (ouch) does anyone know of a more economical provider who may save me....... sorry my employer some pennies??

regards

Dave:thumbup:

How fancy do they need to be?

Suunto are the Rolls Royce of clinometers hence the price. I've got one but i very rarely use it. You can do it with a regular compass clinometers but the sighting has a bit less accuracy. They'll set you back 5 quid to 40 quid.

Do you know any school teachers? If so look in their maths & geography supply books and there may be something in there.

HI dave I bought one from Gustharts ( see side bar here ) earlier this year £90 + vat , that was the best price by a long way . guess you were meeting and greeting new intake today . chris

Hi Chris, yes I was that man - did you get any response from the higher echelons regarding your requests? i passed on your message as promised...hope to see you soon? thanks for the Gustharts link i'll check them out.

regards

Dave

Nils Carborundum Illigitimi :thumbup:

I'll sell you one, using a laser measure now

Thanks Gibbon ...with the greatest respect to yourself, the Uni is only aloud to deal with approved providers:blushing:...however I would be intrested to know what benefits the laser measurer has for you?...been thinking about putting in a request to my manager to buy a Leica Disto but not realy familiar with any of the models myself.:blushing:

regards

Dave :thumbup:

LaserAce Hypsometer

I'd have one of those in a shot. Unfortuantly they're very expensive the discounted end of line model before thast was about 1500 quid. Does the hard work for you though.

We are the UK distributor of those aswell :thumbup1:

All our height measurement devices can be found here.

https://www.gustharts.com/Products/Logging%20%26%20Forestry%20Equipment/

I'm using the trupulse. Half the price of the laser ace with better range. Find it very quick and easy to use. Easy to find heights between different pionts or working out heights on un-level ground. will measure crown spreads and inclination or lengths of a leaning tree.