Work In New Zealand Help Please.

been following this thread and just like to thank Taupotreeman, for taking the time and posting such useful info about NZ, not only on this thread but some of the old ones i've posted on in the past, been a great help.

just arrived in today and omg it's wet! still... not made of sugar

time to start job hunting myself..

Fine for the weekend LSD and there's a heap of snow on the mountains now though I'll guess you know that if you have been watching the news. Blue skies for tomorrow though which is good news as my gardens resemble a swamp.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was wondering if any of you Auckland boys could recommend a place to get a good waterproof, also if you anyone wants to meet up for a bit off a clamber “show me the ropes” or at least lone me some, brought a shiny new harness and a pullysaver, before i flew out and quite keen to give them a try before interview, but don't have any rope

Hold off on your waterproof. If you start up with a bigger outfit it should be part of the kit issued to you. If you're looking to splash out on a good one for yourself, Bivuoac, hunting and fishing, Kathmandu or similar will have decent ones. If you're looking for a cheaper option there's an army and navy surplus on K road in the city.

cheers chap, had a regatta one from my old company, should have brought with me, but you sweat so much wearing it kinda makes it pointless, also has BTS written in mahoosive letters, not really the look i'm going for,:001_cool: had a look in some outdoor shops and stuff is dam expensive out here, like you say i'll weight till i get earning NZ dollar before i buy,

Have you tried the caves at Waitomo? thinking of doing them next week

ps, sorry for slight derail.

Yep, have done Waitomo. Only the glow worm caves though. They also do this blackwater thing where you go through the caves in wetsuits and the pitch black. Apparently it's awesome so if you get a chance have a go. Don't bother if you're scared of the dark. Be a good day out if the weather holds but there's not much else going on down there. Farming country mainly. Oh, and wait for the sales at the outdoor shops. Kathmandu just had a 60% off sale so this is usually the best time to buy.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Dudes

Sorry ive not been on here sooner ive just been mega busy with work and arranging my big move.

Yeah you guessed it i got my visa and i fly out on the 8th of October Woo Hoo!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped and advised and a massive thanks to Taupotreeman for all your help and advice i owe you several beers.

I did the visa on my own all my employer did was to fill out a form i sent him and gave me an employment contract it was so easy i cant believe i nearly paid for it.

I sent my visa away on a Wednesday and got it back the following Thursday.

Ive just done 12 months for now to save on medicals etc as it was near £1000 for both of us and i dont even know if i want to stay yet so if i do i,ll get them done over there and extend or change my visa.

Im trying to buy a nissan safari from up your neck of the woods so i,ll pop in and drop some beers off when i come pick it up.

Again thanks for your help and advice.