Tales of PGK

pgkevet

... Actually I found out later there was a response. Several people on the Legoland tower fun ride wet themselves with fear at the lunatic flying a light airplane round and round it waggling his wings...

Nooooooo, that's just too funny :lol:

PMSL, I think the phrase goes.

Are these stories from memory or are you one of the old school that kept a diary?

No diary..just memorable events. And they are all true. And his name was Clarence:001_smile:

We all have seen or do silly things that aren't that exciting but just make nice gentle tales.

A bit like the guy at college who modified all the No Parking signs around the Veterinary College by changing the 'P' to 'B' - it wouldn't be funny anywhere else..:001_smile:

I'm just having fun here once a day writing about some of these things and hope to make you smile..

No diary..just memorable events. And they are all true. And his name was Clarence:001_smile:

We all have seen or do silly things that aren't that exciting but just make nice gentle tales.

A bit like the guy at college who modified all the No Parking signs around the Veterinary College by changing the 'P' to 'B' - it wouldn't be funny anywhere else..:001_smile:

I'm just having fun here once a day writing about some of these things and hope to make you smile..

Cool, you seem to remember things so vividly, i can barely remember what happened last week never mind thirty plus years ago, i guess thats got something to do with many years of class A drug addiction (although clean for over 13 years now), i only wish i could remember half as vividly as you can, it's not until i bump into people from my past (which isn't very often, as i moved away from my home town many years ago) that the memory gets jogged and things come flooding back to me.

... i only wish i could remember half as vividly as you can, it's not until i bump into people from my past ...

Exactly. Chatting in the Pub or on a work break and the odd old cute story pops into your head. Just pick the one's that have a cool ending, find a starting point and jot them down. A little creative embellishment is OK too but keep it simple and short and real.

I'll jump in in-between the two-part with this short example~:

Anything to declare?

My wife hates flying. She hated it even more when I was the pilot. For the Denmark trip i hired out of Biggin and 'going foreign' had to Custom out at the terminal building.

We taxied there from the flying club and while I was filing the flight plan and sorting the paperwork she was already popping the travel sick pills.

Weather was quite nice and I thoroughly enjoyed the views over Kent and the Channel crossing but any attempt to engage Wifey with a 'look at that boat down there' was met with a miserable groan and another grab for a paper bag.

Flying north along the Belgian Coast she'd started on the Valium and before we got as far as Rotterdam the only good thing to say about a semi conscious wife was the groans were quieter.

It might be illegal but there were floating markers of our trip along the coastline out at sea. That was the trail of sick bags I'd dropped overboard to lose the smell.

We bypassed Amsterdam and headed to our stop for the night at Groenigen in North Holland. It's a lovely little airfield with a triangle of runways and a friendly Customs man.

I landed neatly, taxied to the parking area and Mr Customs met me with a cheery "Anything to declare?". I looked at my drug-loaded other half and answered "Only the wife".