arbwork 's woodmizer LT40 mobile sawmilling

arbwork

Out again, we were asked if we could supply the mill to Shuttleworth College Shuttleworth College Home to both mill timber, to give the students the chance to see timber being milled and to have some hands on experience ! with some trepidation re. the latter we set up for the day and supplied with long lengths of freshly felled Ash we tried to find a happy medium between getting timber milled and giving some of the students a go with the mill a few pictures of produce and production! A few lessons learnt for next time but over all a productive day good to see quite a number of both male and female ‘operators’ , we had as much interest from staff during the day as students with one milling his own Yew boards, incredible colours and figuring , I hope all enjoyed the day it will be interesting to see some of the construction resulting from timber produced and we look forward to next time.:001_smile: p.s. thanks for the food!

597664ba6bece_mobilesawmilling.jpg.8b7db3f124d27ba0ccfcf563731fb564.jpg

597664ba66f2c_sawmillmobile.jpg.aa9b6ae65047b033fef9f0c128712869.jpg

597664ba63e3a_woodmizerLT40.jpg.f464f6e4bf6c4e34fd5074e8f0b71599.jpg

597664ba60603_hardwoodtimber.jpg.f8714983db884f9f963dafaf9dda59f5.jpg

• 2 years later...

A very unexpected and pleasant surprise email from Jacob Mooney at Woodmizer on my return from Amazon forest and more holiday! thank you Woodmizer :001_smile:

Dear Mr. Harper,

I am happy to inform you that you are a winner in Wood-Mizer’s “My Project” contest!

Your project: 3 - Jeremy Harper

Has been selected as the 3rd place winner in Other Projects.