arbwork 's woodmizer LT40 mobile sawmilling

arbwork

I have the sharpener and setter from Trak Met and it's very good. £2000 for both. Have sharpened more than 200 times, so I think I'm running in profit now. I also find that the blades perform better than those I've had back from saw doctors.

sounds like you should be a saw doctor yourself if they are that good...

God no. Sharpening and setting blades is awfully dull. I don't think that they are better because I'm better at sharpening, more that I am able to play around with different parameters to see the difference in cutting. Can't really ask a saw doctor to do that.

Either way, I still can't find a set up that cuts larch well!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice stack!

I have a similar looking stick coming up - should have been tomorrow but the owner has put his back out so we're delayed a few weeks. Mine was supposed to be into boards but the owner now wants a 25ft beam, so more set-up but less cutting.

Alec

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeremy

Nice work with the oak. What is the largest piece you have lifted onto your mill with the arms? I have just taken delivery of my mill (WM LT40) and I have a job taking the sapwood off some very large oak butts but don't want to bend anything just yet. Is it better to use the mill arms or lift it on with the crane? My Botex will only just lift them so they must be 2.5 tonne or thereabouts.

Cheers

Nick